Accelerate your career by joining Okta, the leading provider of identity for the enterprise, as a member of our growing Legal Operations team as a Billing Analyst. In this position you will play a key role in supporting the legal team at a high-growth, publicly-traded enterprise software company. You will manage Okta’s eBilling system, budgeting, matter and invoice management, and the overall electronic exchange of billing and other information between Okta and law firms. In this role you will work directly with legal and finance to review invoices as they are submitted, resolve billing discrepancies, prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly spend reports, and interface with law firms.
This position will be based in either Okta’s downtown San Francisco or San Jose headquarters (a remote opportunity will be considered for the right candidate), where we have all the great perks you would expect from a top-tier tech company! If you want to work at a company that values personal growth, professional development, volunteerism, and solves complex problems with a talented, dedicated, and supportive team of legal leaders, then apply to join our rapidly-growing team!
What we are looking for:
Okta is looking for an experienced professional (eBilling experience preferred) with the ability to construct budgets and forecasts, establish, monitor and report on key billing and invoice metrics, and manage monthly and quarterly expense budgets across multiple functions within the legal team. The job will include defining and implementing analyses and system and process improvements with respect to the legal team’s law firm budget and spend management process.
- Work with Okta legal and finance stakeholders to help streamline the budget process and enable more efficient matter and budget management.
- Work closely with and be the primary contact for law firms with respect to developing accurate budget forecasts, etc.
- Create reporting that increases transparency of legal spend and provide updates to relevant stakeholders.
- Manage external counsel performance reviews and provide leadership with recommendations on a regular basis.
- Manage the onboarding process for new law firms to Okta’s eBilling system and ensure all documentation is complete and has been stored accurately.
- Address and respond to questions from both internal stakeholders and law firms related to Okta’s eBilling system.
- Ensure law firm compliance with Okta’s Billing Guidelines.
- Manage the electronic invoice process and track the status of invoices from submission to approval including providing a first level review of all invoices to ensure compliance with Okta’s Billing Guidelines.
- Create and manage new matters for the legal team within Okta’s eBilling system to ensure all relevant eBilling information is properly entered into our eBilling system; follow up with legal team, law firms, and finance as necessary.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience with 2+ years Legal billing experience.
- Experience with legal eBilling and/or matter management software (SimpleLegal experience preferred).
- Superior analytical skills and strong financial capabilities.
- Strong communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills, collaborative, and proactive style.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functional teams.
- Mastery of data analysis using advanced Excel analytical functions.
- Accepts responsibility, takes initiative, and possesses the ability to work independently or collaboratively as needed.
- Previous law firm or in-house legal team services experience preferred.
- Ideal candidate will thrive in a face paced environment with tight timelines.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.