Play a leading role in shaping Okta’s business and product strategy in the DevOps and Cloud Infrastructure market with the Corporate Development team.
Partnerships are at the core of Okta’s success and the Corporate Development team is looking for a highly accomplished professional to build new strategic alliances and help Okta attack the DevOps and Cloud Infrastructure market. You will use your business development/strategic expertise to leverage these alliances and inform internal partners as we make strategic decisions around driving new business.
As the Manager, Business Development, you will be one of our resident DevOps/Cloud Infrastructure experts and will interact regularly with other companies in this space, as well as with cross-functional internal teams.
The ideal candidate will be deeply steeped in the DevOps/Cloud Infrastructure world, ideally having already held business development, alliances or strategy role.
- Help Okta understand the DevOps/Cloud Ops persona; find the right external partnerships to help Okta connect with these personas
- Explore the market, uncover new Okta-powered use cases with emerging and established DevOps/Cloud Infrastructure vendors
- Speak with customers to understand their pain points, work with partners to develop solutions
- Help internal teams (PM, engineering, marketing) understand the market and articulate Okta’s place in it
- 5-7 years of experience in a business development, corporate development, or strategy role focused specifically on the DevOps, Cloud Infrastructure or Application Ops markets
- Experience building and managing partnerships with cloud, application, hardware or services vendors
- Thrives in analyzing an abstract problem, and then defining a corporate-level strategy and actions
- Strong communication skills and comfortable speaking to senior execs at customers and partners
- Passion for technology and ability to have technical conversations with PMs and engineers
- Familiar with the dynamics shaping the cloud technology/developer tools markets
- MBA or equivalent is preferred but not required
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.