Okta is searching for a Manager, Commissions Operations who will lead and manage commissions operations globally. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, self-motivated team player with a solid working knowledge of Sales Incentive Compensation principles and related operational execution. This individual thrives on process improvement and enjoys working in a challenging, fast-paced environment. This role will be successful through strong communication, cross-functional partnership and proactive collaboration in order to support our continued growth and success. This role will be reporting to the Director, Accounting Operations.
- Manage the administration and payment of sales variable compensation.
- Own worldwide sales commissions calculations, reporting, policies and other relevant processes.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of Okta’s business models, Go-to-Market strategies and Sales processes to align with business needs.
- Program manage the global design, delivery and governance of all commission plans.
- Partner with various functions such as Sales Operations, People and Finance to establish best practices, as well as drive on-going process refinement to improve the efficiency and accuracy of sales commissions calculations and reporting.
- Manage and mentor commissions analyst.
- Ownership of commissions systems process and infrastructure, along with project manage implementation of any changes to plans.
- Participate as a key member of the Sales Incentive team and provide guidance.
- Research compensation issues and disputes and provide analysis to facilitate resolution.
- Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of monthly accruals, deferrals, reconciliations and provide fluctuation analysis for commissions accounting.
- Assist external audit firm on commission related matters for quarterly reviews and annual audits and ad hoc requests.
- Ensure compliance with SOX for compensation documents, processes, programs and policies.
Desired Experience/Skills Required
- Over 10 years of forward-thinking finance, accounting, commissions and/or project management experience with focus on sales incentive pay and processes.
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, economics or other quantitative fields preferred
- Strong project management skills, and in-depth knowledge of sales compensation plan processes and procedures
- Ability to partner, collaborate and influence across functional areas (e.g., Sales, Finance, Operations and People)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic setting while maintaining accuracy and delivering against deadlines
- Motivated to work cross-functionally in a role which supports multiple business partners
- Understanding of SaaS business model
- Experience with Sales Commissions tools (i.e. Xactly Incent, Anaplan)
- Advanced analytical and modeling skills with the ability to interpret and analyze data
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work