We are looking for an exceptional, results-oriented Manager, Data Engineer who can help lead our data engineering team and develop our next generation data infrastructure in a fast-paced, agile environment. You will lead a group of talented data engineers and design, implement and manage our core data infrastructure. You will work closely with engineers, analysts and business partners to understand requirements and develop a world-class system that supports both our current and future needs. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building technology solutions that have massive business impact and can scale in the future.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop the Data Engineering team
- Partner closely with internal and external stakeholders including business analysts, business operations, technical operations, engineering, product management and other groups.
- Design, implement and manage the core data infrastructure used across the business
- Establish and drive strategic and tactical direction for the data warehouse and engineering team
- Lead the sprint planning process, manage the backlog and drive high-impact execution.
- Conduct design discussions, code reviews, and provide continuous feedback
- Drive vision and alignment internally and across external stakeholders
- Take a hands-on role in building and scaling Okta’s data infrastructure
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or another quantitative field of study
- 10+ years as a Data or Software Engineer
- 5+ years in a Data Engineering leadership role
- 3+ years experience leading or managing a team
- Experience with the end-to-end process for data pipelines and analytics
- Experience building and scaling data warehouse systems and supporting infrastructure
- Experience working with and developing API endpoints
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong expertise working with relational and columnar databases
- Strong development experience in at least Python or Java
- Strong familiarity with agile methodologies and JIRA. Experience with sprint planning, story time, and backlog grooming
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to interact cross-functionally with technical and non-technical people.
- Experience presenting to and managing expectations with VPs and executive stakeholders
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Snowflake, Redshift, Kinesis, Storm, ElasticSearch, Redis, Spark, AirFlow, Celery
- Familiar with Tableau, Looker, QlikView, Microstrategy, Domo, Power BI or other data visualization tools
- Experience working with and integrating data from sales, marketing and finance systems such as Salesforce, Marketo, Gainsight, Netsuite, Anaplan, Xactly, Google Analytics, etc.
- Web application development experience
- Experience with Machine Learning, Forecasting & Predictive Analytics and Data Science.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools and procedures
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work