Position Description: As the Manager of Customer Support Ops and Strategy, you are in a position within the Customer First organization to partner with Customer Support, IT, and Business Operations to build and deliver key Support technology projects and programs. The Manager of Customer Support Ops and Strategy is the point person for clarifying strategic level goals and outlining the execution plans to achieve them. Employing both a strategic focus, as well as a tactical approach is a must in this role. You will play a critical role in the delivery of a wide range of initiatives - from small, quick wins, to lengthy and complex programs. The ideal candidate will have strong program / project management experience in customer support technologies supporting SaaS in an agile development environment. This individual will also work closely with other team members of the Customer First Operations team to optimize cross-functional collaboration.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and/or time-bound programs within and beyond the Engineering organization by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program process flows, and providing continuous transparency.
- Scrum master one or more Engineering teams; and champion the adoption of agile best practices within Engineering and Product Management.
- Project manage various initiatives within and beyond Customer Support, across multiple teams; taking a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress, introduce efficiencies, and provide workflow solutions.
- Lead the introduction of new processes / workflows, by bringing proposed solutions to the teams and rolling them out in an iterative manner.
- Build and maintain alignment across multiple teams for keeping a focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks - by having close involvement with teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture.
- Provide clear and crisp transparency to the status and progress of initiatives.
- Streamline and report monthly/quarterly/yearly KPIs
- Create and manage financial models to forecast headcount each quarter
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to successfully execute on projects (Accounting, FP&A, Legal, IT, Engineering, Product, Data & Analytics)
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years total in project or program management experience in a software, SaaS, or systems integration environment.
- Minimum 4 years hands-on project management experience in the integration of support software technologies (such as CRM, Telephony, Chat, WFM, Dashboards, AI, Bots, etc.), managing initiatives from start to finish.
- Minimum 2 years hands-on Scrum Master experience in a software systems integration for a SaaS environment.
- Hands-on experience project managing an initiative from start to finish.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; skilled with communication at all levels.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to influence without authority Strong technical aptitude / affinity; experience working hand-in-hand with software, test, and/or system engineers.
- Expertise with software development lifecycles, including Agile / Scrum
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with a high rate of change.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's degree (Master’s degree preferred)
- Training in Agile or Scrum Master certification is ideal
- PMP certification is a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 8,400 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Identity is at the core of everything we do. And to us at Okta, that doesn’t just mean securing the identities of our customers, but also celebrating the identities of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is to nurture a culture of inclusion and belonging while we create balanced teams to fuel innovation and collective growth.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.