Okta is at an exciting period of organisational growth and international expansion. We are currently seeking a People Business Partner to support the EMEA region.
This position will be responsible for leading, supporting, and facilitating the delivery of People services, including the development and practice of People policies and processes throughout the region. You will work closely with the Sr Director, Business Partners, in the US and the Sr Recruiting Manager in EMEA and provide expert advice and coaching on fair and equitable employment practices, policies, processes and workplace issues.
This position is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to support Okta’s EMEA business strategy and growth plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a Business Partner to all employees, managers and leaders in the organisation(s) supported.
- Provide strategic advice, counsel and consultative solutions to executives on people management aspects of their business to include driving organisational development, team effectiveness, executing change management strategy and employee engagement solutions.
- Collaborate and consult on the design and delivery of People programs to deliver effective solutions to the business.
- Act as the advocate for leading the talent management and development plans for the business unit with a focus on enhancing the quality of leaders and managers, building skills and capabilities of the workforce and ensuring succession bench strength.
- Direct, develop and drive business unit’s global workforce plan and human capital strategies by acquiring and maintaining in-depth knowledge of the business, not limited to budget, revenue and product roadmaps.
- Develop and monitor regular and ad-hoc reports to ensure People business metrics are quantified and outcome driven. Identify trends and proactively recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
- Guide and coach managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex People issues (e.g., performance management and total rewards).
- Coach individual managers on increasing management capabilities.
- Provide consultative support and guidance to managers on implementation / execution of core People programs.
- Develop and maintain project plans and timelines for all People programs.
- Leverage best practices and identify opportunities for efficiencies.
- Act as local advisor to employees on People questions, such as employee data, compensation and benefits issues.
- Understands the client groups, strategy, challenges, business initiatives and business model.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working across EMEA, supporting multiple countries.
- Experience supporting teams of 150 +, and stakeholders of VP+ level.
- Experience working on a variety of HR functions.
- Demonstrated success in a high growth, technology company, with some experience of supporting commercial sales groups.
- Excellent knowledge of international employment legislation.
- Experience coaching and mentoring others in an informal or formal setting.
- Experience in a growing, global software development environment is preferred.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership.
- Exceptional communication skills combined with demonstrated problem solving ability are critical for this role.
- Viewed as a resource for advice and guidance by peers and senior leaders.
- Good understanding of matrix structures and politically savvy.
- Ability to cope with pressure maintaining a high standard of deliverables.
- Excellent organisation and follow-through skills.
- Ability to analyse data and propose methods for continuous improvement.
- Able to build relationships, develop credibility with internal clients.
- Strong ability to multi-task and respond effectively to changing priorities and demands.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work