Okta is seeking a Business Process Architect to join our Business Technology team to play a key role in designing robust, scalable and efficient business practices and operational processes to support Okta’s strategy. The ideal candidate will have passion to identify and solve unstructured problems and opportunities and lead the development of comprehensive strategies and business solutions. You are a stickler for delivering with quality. You will lead enterprise wide initiatives and partner with colleagues in Business Operations, Sales, Finance, IT and other teams to identify and implement business operation transformation that will enable Okta to meet its strategic goals. A successful track record of supporting and guiding SaaS sales operation, finance operation for an organization of Okta size and during hyper growth phase will be ideal for this role.
Roles and Responsibility
- Create business architecture models demonstrating how products, business operations and IT systems interoperate within Okta.
- Prepare business requirement documents for major initiatives that will be formally endorsed by the relevant business process owners. You will ensure that the necessary IT technical requirement documents for such initiatives are prepared and formally endorsed by relevant IT system owners.
- Analyze the current processes and define the improvement plans for Sales Operation, Sales Forecasting, Partner Operation and Territory management.
- Work with Business operation, Sales, Finance and other cross-functional business leaders to build efficient and scalable processes and metrics for Quote to Cash, Record to Report processes.
- Document both the ‘as is’ and ‘as delivered’ state of business processes impacted by major initiatives and ensure that the ‘as delivered’ version of such processes is maintained for future reference.
- Provide overall direction, guidance and definition of business architecture to effectively support Okta business strategy.
- Provide architectural oversight to projects; ensure requirements are in alignment with business strategies and business architecture roadmap/framework.
- Partner with multi-functional teams to develop implementation plans with the goal being to lead both the strategy and execution elements of the SaaS Business Operation function.
- Plan organizational change management activities with business enablement teams associated with the introduction of new business processes or IT capabilities.
- You are a “doer” and not just “theoretical thinker”.
- BA/BS degree in a computer science or engineering discipline or equivalent experience is required. Experience working in a systems implementation practice, management consulting firm, or high-growth startup environment is a plus.
- 12+ years of related experience in management consulting, operations management, or similar position at a fast-growing SaaS technology company supporting Sales, Business Operation and Finance teams.
- 5+ years of experience designing, implementing and supporting enterprise wide business operation processes/model to drive efficiency and scale using systems like Salesforce, NetSuite, Marketo, Gainsight, Workday etc. While in-depth experience with any specific application platform is not required, the successful candidate should be sufficiently knowledgeable to map business requirements against the technical capabilities of common SaaS business applications.
- 5+ years of experience in supporting and enhancing major enterprise business processes like Quote to Cash, Record to Report, Recruit to Retire in a high growth organization.
- Broad knowledge of common business practices within the technology industry is required. The successful candidate may have a specialization in front office or back office operations but should be sufficiently knowledgeable in both to participate in a wide variety of strategic business initiatives. Prior working experience in the SaaS industry is strongly preferred.
- The ability to define and document business processes in a systematic manner is required.
- Experience planning the organizational change management programs that typically accompany strategic business initiatives is required.
- Familiarity with the implications of SOX, ISO, HIPAA, FedRAMP and GDPR regulations for the day-to-day management of IT systems is a plus. Strict compliance with these standards is expected in all of Okta’s business operations.
- Must be able to anticipate and resolve the tactical issues involved in planning and implementing major initiatives while ensuring the delivery of strategic business results. Exceptional organizational skills are essential.
- Must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively across functional departments and management hierarchies. A proven track record of working effectively on virtual teams is required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with C-level executives and engage them in resolving the tradeoffs and implications that are routinely encountered in translating broadly stated business objectives into explicit business outcomes.
- Strong leadership skills • Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Experienced with people management, leading and mentoring team will be preferred.
- Program Management and/or Six Sigma experience a plus.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.