Position Description: The Principal IT Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for designing systems and processes to increase efficiency and scale at Okta. This will be a cross functional role, supporting core business teams (Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, Finance, etc.) while working closely with members of the Product, Engineering, and other IT teams. This role will establish the technology foundation to not only support and scale the business today, but implement strategic solutions to serve a rapidly growing, global organization.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be a technical thought leader and guide teams on implementation best practices
- Own & maintain Business System documentation, roadmap and vision – be the Product Owner on the IT side
- Be the 'go-to' expert for technical guidance and architectural recommendations regarding designing, building, testing, deploying and maintaining highly-available, scalable, and secure applications on the salesforce platform
- Own solution design and architectural strategy for the Salesforce ecosystem
- Constantly research, evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Lead discovery and requirements refinement sessions to uncover customers' business, functional, and technological requirements
- Engage customer stakeholders to understand desired business outcomes and define success criteria
- Contribute to every phase of the project lifecycle, including development, testing, deployment, and supporting
- Align IT strategy and planning with application development and business roadmaps
- Create detailed solution & technical architecture diagrams, data models, mockups and process maps that supports solutions as required to demonstrate and ensure business alignment with proposals
- Offer best practice advice and recommendations often extending beyond Salesforce to topics around overall systems architecture and CRM strategy to help that solve challenges unique to our environment
- Responsible for the end to end solution design and technical implementation within the scope of a business applications projects
- Partner with internal SFDC development team to provide hands-on custom development, support, technical oversight, mentorship and ongoing code reviews
Required Education and Experience:
- 8+ years of experience as a software developer or solutions architect or a senior systems implementation consultant
- 5+ years of experience of deep technical experience working with the Salesforce platform and clear understanding of Apex, Visualforce and the Salesforce APIs
- Expert level understanding of the Salesforce product suite, including Sales, Service, Community Clouds, as well as the Force.com Platform
- A demonstrated background in system architecture, development & system integration using Salesforce and other cloud-based platforms
- Adeptly applies SaaS to business challenges and translates business requirements and technical requirements into Salesforce capabilities
- Experience with multiple Salesforce implementations, including a deep knowledge of system limitations and governor limits
- A proven ability to learn new products, develop technical knowledge and apply new skills in a high paced environment
- Ability to lead a team of Salesforce professionals
- Experience collaborating with business owners and implementation teams to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Demonstrated ability to act as a team lead and align multiple stakeholders across various levels of the organization and geographies
- Understanding of CI/CD
- Excellent client-facing written and oral communications skills as well as strong project management skills
- Intense curiosity and a sincere interest in learning new technologies, platforms, business processes
- Preferred experience in startup and SaaS environments
- Experience as a Product Owner in Scrum or Agile development environments a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work