Position Description: As a Principal Business Systems Analyst you will serve as the key point of contact and subject matter expert to support, maintain and administer Okta’s Legal tech stack, including Salesforce, Apttus CLM, ticketing/project management and eBilling platforms along with managed packaged applications on the Salesforce platform. With your technical expertise, you will build business applications and influence the design of features that improve the reliability of Okta’s applications and systems. You will also define the scope of technical projects and oversee their execution.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions that best leverage the current legal tech stack and offer other technical solutions for consideration where necessary
- Serve as the technical leader/product owner and work with business users to map out the technical roadmap for automating complex business processes to achieve operational efficiencies
- Advise the business and articulate the benefits and risks to a solution’s feasibility and functionality as a trusted technology partner
- Design, configure and develop templates and workflows for contract management using Apttus CLM
- Lead the technical evaluation process for the e-Billing system, build proof-of-concept (POC) and own the implementation and maintenance of the system
- Accountable for timely delivery of projects as per established project plans by working closely with the business teams
- Participate in end-to-end implementation planning including project management, issue management, communication and change management
- Provide hands-on technical expertise in integrating Apttus with eSignature tools like DocuSign
- Design and manage the execution of test plans in TestRail to ensure a quality solution is delivered
- Understand design trade-offs between declarative, code, and third party tools
- Assist with data management and governance and also support reporting requirements and leverage Salesforce for data-driven decisions
- Work within the framework of the Scrum standards to deliver business needs
- Build configurations using recommended best practices while delivering scalable high-quality solutions to integrate Salesforce with downstream systems and e-Billing systems with financial systems like Coupa and NetSuite
- Demonstrate a strong technical aptitude and understand both business and technical language and ideas and develop and maintain the strategic stakeholder roadmaps – short term to 12+ months
- Drive adoption of technology and process changes
Required Education & Experience:
- 4-5 years of hands-on Apttus Contract Management experience
- Overall 4+ years of SFDC Administration experience with deep understanding of SFDC Security setting, Sharing rules, Permissions Sets, etc.
- Understand Apttus CLM Out of the box components versus Custom components capabilities
- SFDC and/or Apttus CLM certification highly desirable
- Prior experience supporting legal-related technology projects such as CLM, eBilling, Matter Management, Export Compliance, Ethics & Compliance, etc.
- Familiar with and able to drive the Agile development and release methodologies, especially for automation of business processes, improvements/redesigns
- Ability to work across teams and influence ideas and execute them among various business groups
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Engineering, Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of industry experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.