We are looking for a Principal Solutions Architect or Principal Business Systems Analyst to step into the role of Business Engagement Lead for GTM-Sales at Okta.
The person in this role will be responsible for 2 primary functions IT/business relationship management and oversight of strategic, cross-functional programs for Go-to-Market functions. To meet the company’s financial and strategic business objectives, this leader builds trusted relationships with functional partners and teams that result in aligned focus on delivering outcomes / experiences supported by a clear technology and information strategy, prioritized plans, process maturity, disciplined execution and predictable, high quality delivery of day-to-day technology and information services.
In your Business Engagement Lead role, you will be responsible for the success and happiness of your business customers. You will be managing a scrum team dedicated to that business unit, you are responsible for the end-to-end solution, including requirements gathering, implementation, testing, deployment, monitoring, and metrics gathering. Your business customers will look to you to provide any and all Technical Services—design, config, software development, and testing.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Establishes trusted and collaborative working relationships with business partners, technology providers and vendors. Effectively manages budget and vendor relationships for all areas of responsibility.
- Engages actively as a member of the Business Technology team and business functional teams to plan and execute against large, cross-functional programs.
- Establishes a predictable track record of agile and cost-effective delivery of measurable business outcomes and a focus on scaling the business while minimizing technical debt.
- Accountable for ensuring that technology and information services and experiences are consistently delivered.
- Demonstrates the ability to think strategically and envision what our business partners’ technology and information needs might be in the future.
Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree & 10 years of directly related experience, and 2 years of leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Demonstrated experience managing Agile SCRUM teams for the delivery of Salesforce and other technology projects and enhancements on an aggressive schedule
- Demonstrated background in IT and Business Operations roles, preferably with a high-tech company
- Demonstrated background in SaaS subscription-based Sales process, preferably with a high-tech company
- Demonstrated track record of partnering effectively with global and geographically distributed teams to successfully deliver information and technology solutions
- Demonstrated strategic planning, critical thinking and influence skills
- Experience with the Salesforce.com environment is required
- Experience delivering M&A programs is preferred
- Demonstrated track record of delivering transformational initiatives and programs to deliver business value
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to both influence and operate effectively in a highly matrixed and global environment
- Strong program management and management reporting skills
- Well versed with IT fundamentals including Agile, IT investment /portfolio management, Enterprise Architecture, Information Risk Management, ITIL, and IT Service Management
- Desire and ability to effectively drive change
- Experience supporting marketing and/or sales functions preferred
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work