Okta is looking for an experienced Procurement Manager (Technology Sourcing) to join our energetic Strategic Sourcing team to support and be part of Okta’s continued growth. You will lead and co-lead the Sourcing initiatives supporting our Technology organization. This includes leading complex, high-value sourcing projects, activities & contract negotiations for various IT service and product categories that may include Software, Hardware, Network, SaaS, IaaS and other direct or indirect requirements on a local or global scale.
This role will be responsible for procurement strategy development and execution, conducting strategic sourcing events and negotiating acceptable terms and conditions with Suppliers. The position will perform data analytics and work collaboratively with senior stakeholders and other Strategic Sourcing team members to meet stakeholder supply market requirements, create value, ensure process compliance and drive negotiated cost savings and avoidances.
You will be expected to build relationships with internal business partners working with cross-functional groups to support negotiations, risk mitigation and supplier management.
You will report to the Strategic Procurement Manager – Technology.
- Gather business and technical requirements and produce needed documentation in support of RFx events. Develop internal presentations and business case to support management approvals of multi-year supplier agreements. Additionally develop, review, and handle any ad hoc documents requiring special circumstances and legal reviews
- Provide economic analysis of supplier proposals and various internal management inquiries for existing or potential supplier expenditures. Identify and detail both internal and external risks associated with technology purchase transactions
- Actively develop sourcing strategies in support of business initiatives
- Work with internal partners to figure out risks and dependencies
- Work with Finance, Legal, Security, Privacy, and other subject matter authorities within Okta to ensure that the policies and procedures and followed and met
- Build effective, strategic relationships with the business units/stakeholders, suppliers, and cross-functional teams
- Lead and support all aspects of the strategic sourcing process, including RFx, supplier evaluations, and day-to-day commercial contract negotiations and projects
- Drive supplier performance review meetings with key suppliers and provide input on performance and future needs/strategic planning
- Measure supplier performance against contract Service Level Agreements and expectations, manage any remediation as required
- Use experience and industry expertise to find opportunities to optimize cost, improve service and other efficiency opportunities
- Conduct spend analytics to identify areas of opportunity for streamlining and consolidation of spend
- Provide input for areas of opportunity and make recommendations where applicable for projects, departments, or across the company for operational improvements and efficiencies
- Drive M&A activity from Strategic Sourcing’s perspective, i.e. contract novation and consolidation
- Support Strategic Sourcing Manager as needed
- Communicate proactively with internal and external partners
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Sourcing and Procurement of Technology (Hardware, Software, Telecom, SaaS etc.) category management, strategic sourcing, consulting, vendor management, risk management and/or procurement in a large, global company environment (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of contract law and risk requirements
- Expertise in sourcing procedures, and processes
- Ability to be responsible for multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment with tight target dates
- Shown track record of building effective working relationships with senior level business colleagues and internal/external partners
- Self-starter, able to balance multiple projects and succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Experience working in SCOUT/Workday Strategic Sourcing, COUPA, Ironclad is a plus
- Strong analytical, problem solving and risk assessment skills; proficiency in MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Travel as needed
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.