About Okta: Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With thousands of pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
About the role: We are in search of an experienced, highly motivated EMEA based Procurement Manager to support various spend categories and help scale Okta’s rapid growth. This role will take the lead on all requests supporting our EMEA businesses and will liaise with peer Sourcing Managers to align on functional strategy. This highly visible role will be responsible for developing and implementing category strategies and advising on how best to structure service relationships with Okta’s global service providers. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that wants to be part of a dynamic Sourcing organization that is operating at an accelerated pace and scaling for Okta’s bright future.
The ideal candidate is a team player, a confident business partner, capable of driving action cross-functionally, analytical, and an experienced negotiator. This person is comfortable operating at all levels, with an eye on the strategic big picture, while skillfully managing the strategy and project details.
- Build effective, strategic relationships with business partners across the broader Go-To-Market, G&A, Business Technology, Product and Engineering functional teams across the EMEA region
- Partner with functional Sourcing leads to align on deal strategy
- Actively develop and deliver against sourcing strategies to support Okta’s key initiatives
- Efficiently collaborate with Okta’s Legal and Security teams to ensure compliance with defined requirements and maintain timely project delivery
- Help identify and mitigate areas of risk for functional areas (i.e., delivery of service, quality, performance, timeline, warranty, governance)
- Collaborate with the broader controllership & FPA organizations on accruals and other elements of financial reporting
- Drive supplier performance management through recurring review and solicit business partner input on current and future needs
- Measure supplier delivery against contract Service Level Agreements and other defined expectations. Work with internal partners and suppliers to rectify as needed
- Leverage experience, regional knowledge and industry expertise to find opportunities to optimize cost, improve service and other efficiency opportunities
- Facilitate and drive frequent ad hoc as well as targeted projects to support reporting and process improvement
- Lead process and systems improvement and scaling projects for your area and partner on cross functional teams, to drive the company’s continued growth and scaling
Skills & Required Experience:
- Ability to apply rigorous logic and sound methods to solve multi-faceted problems with effective solutions
- Proven ability to understand complex, competing objectives and identify mutually beneficial solutions through skillful negotiation with key suppliers
- Experience with developing and implementing competitive and sole source negotiation strategies to drive favorable outcomes
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners, inclusive of senior members of management
- Experience in financial analysis to ensure that negotiated agreements provide the best possible returns for the company
- Ability to work in an energizing environment, leading strategic and tactical projects, prioritizing to effectively meet the needs of the Okta and drive efficiencies
- Experience leading multiple projects at the same time, negotiating successfully while maintaining the relationship, and working effectively with people at all skill and organizational levels, internally and externally.
- Ability to influence at all levels, with a demonstrated aptitude to work effectively within a matrixed team across multiple functional areas, and be assertive in driving successful strategies
- Effective development of and delivery in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small, and large groups
- Comprehensive understanding of contractual terms and the ability to negotiate key provisions
- Experience working with globally distributed internal and external teams
- 5-7 years of proven experience including strategic sourcing, negotiation, project management and process improvement
- High proficiency with Sourcing, Requisitioning and CLM systems, ScoutRFP (Workday) and Coupa experience is a plus
- Prior experience in a high-growth high tech/software/SaaS organization is a plus
- B.S. Degree or an equivalent
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.