Accelerate your career by joining Okta, the leading provider of identity for the enterprise, as a member of our growing Privacy & Product legal team as a Privacy Program Manager. In this position you will play a key role in supporting the engineering, product, legal, marketing, security, and sales organizations at a high-growth, publicly-traded enterprise software company. You will work on cutting-edge privacy projects, in a modern, cloud-first, SaaS environment, to help Okta deliver world-class products to our thousands of global customers.
This position will be based in Okta’s downtown San Francisco or San Jose headquarters, where we have all the great perks you would expect from a top-tier tech company: fully-stocked kitchens, competitive salary and benefits, catered lunches, equity incentives, flexible time off, work-from-home, and more. If you want to work at a company that values personal growth, professional development, volunteerism, and solves complex problems with a talented, dedicated, and supportive team of legal leaders, then apply to join our rapidly-growing team!
What we are looking for:
Okta is looking for a Privacy Program Manager who has experience supporting product counseling and privacy programs at high-growth technology company. We’re looking to scale our privacy program and want someone to contribute to Okta’s role as an industry leader in privacy.
The ideal candidate can collaborate with internal clients and develop creative approaches to complying with global data protection law through pragmatic, scalable internal processes. If you like learning about new technologies and coming up with innovative solutions to meet dynamic privacy needs, then this role is for you!
- Develop approaches to complying with global data protection law through pragmatic approaches in partnering with various stakeholder teams (sales, marketing, security compliance, business systems, and others) and understanding how to manage and prioritize business needs and risk.
- Familiarity with global data protection law and associated frameworks (GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, AICPA Privacy Maturity Model, NIST frameworks, ISO frameworks, etc.).
- Translating and communicating complex legal and technical topics in simple terms for business stakeholders.
- Communicating and project managing privacy asks from different teams and helping to facilitate what’s needed.
- Helping to create a more scalable and world-class privacy program, including ongoing improvement of privacy maturity and privacy metrics.
- Understanding our products and approach to privacy, including explaining how we handle privacy at Okta to customers and other stakeholders.
- Managing and organizing privacy programs and compliance frameworks.
- Working with our procurement and vendor assurance teams to ensure privacy risk alignment.
- Manage privacy training across the organization and ensure our team has top-notch privacy awareness.
- Work with Okta legal and policy stakeholders to help influence privacy and data protection policy, laws, regulations, and frameworks.
- Liaise with Engineering on open source and third-party software compliance.
- Educate engineering on design requirements and best-practices (including product requirements like open source and privacy-by-design requirements).
- 3-5 years of experience in a professional environment
- BA or BS degree; JD or other advanced degree in information policy, management, or public policy preferred
- IAPP Certification (CIPP, CIPM, or CIPT) or CISA (or willingness to obtain one type of certification within 6 months of joining)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.