As a Manager of Revenue M&A Integration, you will be responsible for supporting the planning and execution of successful acquisition integration, specific to the revenue accounting function. This role will report to the Senior Director of Revenue Accounting and will represent the revenue accounting function in close collaboration with functional members from across the organization. In this role, you will focus on, and be responsible for how to effectively plan for and seamlessly integrate the various processes and systems post acquisition. An ideal candidate has operational accounting experience as well as project management experience, with the ability to understand technical accounting concepts. This person needs to be forward thinking, display bias for action, and be able to consistently deliver results.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand target company quote-to-cash process and revenue recognition model to drive current and future state accounting policy alignment
- Rapidly identify and evaluate key revenue accounting issues and communicate them to Accounting leadership as necessary. Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution
- Support end-to-end revenue program management including the build of short-, mid- and long-term roadmap for all in-flight revenue system and process integrations
- Research, recommend and implement solutions to help overcome the quote-to-cash challenges associated with M&A integration, with focus on minimizing disruption to upstream & downstream systems and processes
- Manage the M&A project plans as they relate to revenue focused deliverables
- Facilitate stakeholder alignment on revenue impacting issues across various workstreams in conjunction with cross-functional groups such as Revenue Operations, Legal, FP&A, Deals Desk, and Business Technology
- Participate in M&A due diligence activities as required
- Support month-end and quarter-end programs, as necessary
Required Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred
- 6+ years of relevant experience, with a mix of public accounting and SaaS industry experience
- Demonstrated experience driving complex, cross-functional initiatives. M&A-specific experience a major plus
- Track record of building trusted relationships & influencing others across functions
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills across all levels of an organization
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and apply them to current quote-to-cash framework across a wide variety of technologies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint software applications
- Experience with systems including Zuora RevPro, NetSuite, and Salesforce CPQ
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.