We are in search of a top tier candidate a Senior Accountant with a
positive attitude, and highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced organisation head-
quartered in San Francisco.
This role will be responsible for supporting and supervising the monthly GL close processes for
the International Okta entities. They will also be supporting and initiating general accounting and
reporting process improvements to gain efficiencies and strengthen overall control environment
as well as assist with annual statutory reporting. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, self-
motivated, team player with a solid working knowledge of IFRS/FRS reporting and internal
controls. This role will be reporting to the Senior International Accounting Manager.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
● Perform and supervise month-end close activities, including preparation and review of
journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
● Assist in preparing external statutory reporting and fillings
● Assist in preparing internal and external reporting schedules for management and
external service providers
● Assist in balance sheet and monthly management accounts variance analysis
● Prepare monthly payroll reconciliations for employees in the international entities
● Maintain and enhance the internal controls over accounting processes and systems
● Assist in implementing new accounting policies, controls and procedures
● Liaise with external auditors and other providers as required
● Provide a high level of customer service with finance and non-finance business partners
● Work closely with the Group finance team as well as the FP&A team to enhance
reliability, accuracy, relevance and timeliness of group reporting
● Ad hoc accounting requests and projects as needed
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Qualified Accountant or ACA equivalent
● Minimum 3+ years PQE
● Solid working knowledge and application of IFRS, FRS, US GAAP, internal controls
● Experience in preparing annual statutory accounts under IFRS/FRS 102
● Experience in producing management accounts and monthly reconciliations
● Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
● Strong interpersonal and critical-thinking skills
● A self-starter and team player, adept at building relationships across the organisation
● Ability to adhere to deadlines in a fast-paced environment without losing accuracy
● Strong problem solving, analytical, and communication (both verbal and written) skills
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) is required
● Experience with G Suite and NetSuite preferred.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.