Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
We are in search of a top-tier Senior Accountant of Compensation to join our Compensation GL team. The ideal candidate is a detailed-oriented, self-motivated team player, who enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment. This individual should have a solid working knowledge of GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls and will be responsible for the timely and accurate recording of compensation related activities of the company. This includes recording bonuses and related accruals; and the Sales commissions/Compensation plan calculation and accruals. Additionally, this role will be responsible for supporting the month-end close process, SOX compliance control execution and quarterly/annual audit process, as well as identifying and driving project-based work to provide process efficiencies for the team. This role will be reporting to the Corporate Lead Senior Accountant. This role will be required to work in the US (Pacific Time) hours (9:00pm - 6:00am IST) in the Bangalore office.
What you’ll be doing
- Perform various GL month-end close activities, including preparation and review of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for bonus, commission, and other GL related transactions
- Responsible for the preparation of the Corporate Performance bonus plans, other bonuses, and related accruals
- Prepare journal entries for commission accruals and Deferred Commission amortization, as well as roll-forward schedules
- Prepare and review month-end closing journal entries, including resolving discrepancies and ensuring entries are in accordance with US GAAP
- Prepare P&L and BS fluctuation analyses
- Assist in preparing internal and external financial reporting schedules
- Support the quarterly reviews, annual audit requests and inquiries from our external auditors
- Ad hoc accounting projects and requests, as needed
What you’ll bring to the role
- Bachelor’s degree, with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance
- 6-9 years of combined public accounting and private industry at a publicly traded company
- CA or CPA candidate a plus
- Solid working knowledge and application of US GAAP, SEC regulations, and SOX/internal controls
- Familiarity with the operations and related accounting for bonuses, commissions, and payroll globally
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and organization skills
- Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Ability to adhere to deadlines in a fast-paced environment, without sacrificing accuracy
- Strong systems knowledge, including the ability to quickly learn new systems
- Proficient with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Experience using Workday, ADP, or other comparable payroll software a plus
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.