The Team: Sales Strategy & Operations strives to be the brain and the spine of the Sales team at Okta. As part of the Business Operations group, we protect the investment in Okta’s rapidly growing Sales organization by ensuring Sales has the insight, tools, and processes it needs to run effectively and efficiently.
The Position: The Analyst will help streamline how the Sales Operations team serves the business. You’ll be close to the company’s most critical performance data, and develop a keen understanding of how Okta acquires revenue. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse cast in our high-performing Ops organization (Sales Planning & Operations, Business Systems, Marketing Operations, Data & Analytics, Sales Enablement).
You’ll help us across the three critical areas of sales operations:
Business Partnership in Process & Infrastructure:
- Know or learn existing infrastructure to manage headcount, sales productivity, and account / customer information -- and help us improve it!
- Establish relationships with Sales leaders to enforce processes while gathering feedback for potential changes to accelerate business.
- Help optimize the sales rep, manager, and sales ops experience in systems.
- Help formalize, automate, and expand our sales reporting. This includes (but is not limited to): weekly/monthly/quarterly reports, pipeline reviews, territory reviews, forecasting.
- In conjunction with the team, mature our metrics with new models of pipeline and territory health.
- Present findings and insights to sales executives.
Resourcing & Strategy
- Contribute to integrated planning, including scalable target-setting and rollout for sales and demand generation.
- Uncover areas of revenue opportunity in our customer and prospect base.
- Recommend changes to business direction based on growth expectations.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- 2-4 years of operational experience, with at least 1-2 years in an analytical or ops capacity.
- Salesforce mastery: complex dashboards & reports, custom report types, calculated fields, workflows.
- Exceptional quantitative and MS Excel skills (sumifs, index/match and vlookup, table formulas).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep experience modeling complex problems, both conceptually and tactically (spreadsheets, analysis tools, visualization).
- Endless curiosity and a need to dive deeper for understanding.
- Self-motivation, with the desire and capacity to work both independently and collaboratively.
Additional things we value:
- Experience with Anaplan or other planning tools
- Experience with Tableau or other analysis/BI tools.
- Familiarity with MySQL or similar database querying language (you’ve heard of a left join).
- Perspectives and backgrounds we don’t already have on board: we value new viewpoints and ideas.
Please note that this person must sit at our headquarters in San Francisco.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.