Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
We are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join our corporate team in the San Francisco Bay Area as the Senior Associate, Accounting Operations Shared Services. This individual will involve partnering with our shared services teams in Manila, Philippines and Bengaluru, India along with key stakeholders throughout the organization. This role will be successful by being a self-starter, effectively communicating and collaborating, demonstrating a customer service focus, along with the ability to navigate shifting priorities and processes. In-office attendance and flexibility to work during different international time zones required.
What you’ll be doing
- Serve as the corporate lead liaison for Accounting Operations Shared Services
- Enable and support an org-wide shared services teams , fostering collaboration and standardization across various stakeholder groups
- Partner with internal stakeholders to support continuous monitoring and improvement of shared services operations to ensure effective service delivery
- Act as liaison between corporate stakeholders and Director of Finance Operations, gathering feedback, providing guidance, and addressing any concerns related to the accounting operations shared services
- Partner with the Director of Finance Operations to establish, evolve and monitor shared services performance metrics, as well as identifying opportunities to streamline accounting operations and enhance productivity
- Support Corporate Accounting Operations teams to deliver high-quality services to enable Okta’s continuous growth through globalization and scalability
- Liaise with cross functional teams, such as Finance, HR, IT to address operational needs and resolve any issues that arise
- Availability to travel internationally as required (estimated 25% of the time) to provide on-site support, conduct training and facilitate knowledge sharing
- Other duties, as needed, which may involve change management initiatives contributing to overall process optimization efforts
What you’ll bring to the role
- 5+ years experience in Accounting Operations and teams in a shared services environment
- CPA/Chartered Accountancy and Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Proven ability to develop and implement standardized processes and procedures across multiple locations and entities
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work closely across different organizational levels, functions, and geographies
- Compelled to take initiative and drive process change and improvements
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic setting while maintaining accuracy and delivering against deadlines
- Motivated to work cross-functionally in a customer service-oriented capacity
- Knowledge of cloud related ERP systems (Workday Expenses, Coupa and Netsuite) from end user and administrative perspective desired
- Flexibility to work during different international time zones and necessary international travel
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.