Okta is looking for an experienced Senior Commodity Manager to join our energetic Strategic Sourcing team and be part of Okta’s continued growth. You will have an opportunity to directly lead a team of 1-2 Contracts Managers. To be successful in this role, you will need to partner closely with all members of the Sourcing & Procurement organization as well as Okta’s legal department. You will be expected to build relationships with internal business partners working with cross-functional groups to support negotiations and implement risk mitigation measures with suppliers.
This position will be remote. You will report to the Sr. Director of Strategic Sourcing & Procurement.
- Take leadership role to manage and drive Okta’s Sourcing Contracts Management team
- Liaise with Okta’s legal department to create a repository of category specific templates
- Partner with Security, Privacy and other departments as needed to ensure compliance with policies
- Act as the central integration point for a variety of company stakeholders in the contracting process. Draft letters, emails and other correspondence as needed
- Identify opportunities to improve and scale current processes and work directly with Sr. Director of Sourcing & Procurement to prioritize and drive change
- Negotiate and finalize engagement agreements, NDAs, supplier contracts, consulting agreements, venue agreements, software/tools licenses, employment-related agreements, etc.
- Partner with Sourcing & Procurement team members on inbound supplier contracts
- Review and negotiate contract changes requested by internal teams and suppliers to ensure that contracting activities are in full compliance with legal and other regulatory requirements
- Perform due diligence review and oversight for new (and existing) third-party vendor services including document coordination and analysis.
- Maintenance of contract repository, including (but not limited to) design and structure, conventions, organization, tracking & maintenance
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Must have at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, paralegal certificate preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a contract manager with Sourcing & Procurement related contracts across various categories
- Must have experience with negotiating contracts with suppliers
- Working knowledge of intellectual property and privacy matters (preferably in-house experience with a high growth SaaS company).
- Familiarity with ScoutRFP, Salesforce, ServiceNow and NetSuite a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret legal documents
- Knowledge of contract structure and ability to identify specific provisions contained within contract
- Strong understanding of standard contract language and experience negotiating those terms
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of information
- Ability to demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, initiative, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple work streams and deliverables, and coordinate across functional initiatives to meet deadlines
- Comfort operating in a fast-moving and fast-changing environment
- Strong skills in MS suite including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Google Suite
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $117,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy