- Okta is looking for a dynamic Senior Compensation Partner to join our Total Rewards team who will be responsible for managing Okta’s global compensation programs in the Go To Market Organization and help drive innovative and strategic solutions as Okta continues to grow.
- This role will partner with Recruiting, People Operations, People Business Partners, Finance, Legal, and other organizations as needed on program management, design initiatives, compliance, and process improvement.
- Lead, mentor, and guide a Compensation Analyst supporting the GTM Team.
- Operate as part of Okta's Total Rewards team by supporting our global compensation programs, including base salary, short-term and long-term incentive plans, and go-to-market compensation
- Partner with Recruiting, People Operations, People Business Partners, Finance, Legal, and other teams as needed to align on and be responsible for the development, implementation, and administration of new and existing compensation plans
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve, automate and streamline processes
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise on local external market pay practices and intelligence
- Participate in cross-functional projects related to compensation program design, implementation, and administration
- Collaborate with senior leaders to provide strategic recommendations and solutions on compensation plan design and structure
- Support leveling and career progression guideline development
- Ensure compensation plans effectively support business goals and strategies
- Drive compensation modeling, data analytics, and benchmarking
- Support Okta's Go To Market Annual Rewards Cycle including Workday design requirements and program management
- Develop ongoing compensation training materials, communications, and wiki pages for management and employees
- Support development, ongoing maintenance, and education around Okta's job architecture and salary structure
- Address employee or stakeholder questions including ServiceNow tickets and escalate when appropriate
- 7+ years of experience working with and supporting global compensation programs preferred
- Experience working with Workday preferred
- Experience in High-Tech and/or Consulting industries preferred.
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to successfully handle multiple priorities and deal with ambiguity in a sophisticated matrix structure.
- Excellent process management, planning and organizational skills. Resilient and determined to ensure projects and results are achieved.
- Deep knowledge of competitive market pay practices, with strong networking skills.
- Robust analytical skills and business sense, with an ability to see the implications of actual and planned activities, adding value to management decisions.
- Pragmatic, quick-thinking, and action oriented to drive for results, with solid bias for customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- High integrity and ethics in handling confidential information.
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only) Minimum OTE of $154,000/year + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.