Accelerate your career by joining Okta, the leading provider of identity for the enterprise, as a member of our rock star legal operations team as Senior Contracts Negotiator. In this position you will play a key role in supporting the legal and sales organizations at a high growth publicly traded enterprise software company. You will apply your experience when drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements and streamlining the contracting process at Okta with companies across every industry who trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
This position will be based in Okta’s San Francisco or San Jose headquarters or remote for the right candidate. And yes, we have all of the great perks you would expect from a tech company like fully stocked kitchens, competitive salary, catered lunches, equity incentives, and flexible time off. If you want to work at a company that values personal growth, professional development, volunteerism, and solves complex problems with an incredible, dedicated, and supportive team of legal leaders then please apply to join our rapidly growing team!
- Draft, negotiate and manage a broad range of commercial contracts including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Amendments, and Statements of Work in support of the sales and professional services teams under supervision of and in collaboration with attorneys.
- Maintain and track status of negotiations to keep key stakeholders including executives up to date.
- Advise and guide on existing agreements including drafting amendments where appropriate.
- Assist sales team in responding to questionnaires and requests for proposal.
- Define risks and communicate escalations effectively with relevant stakeholders to resolve contractual issues quickly.
- Partner with attorneys, sales, sales operations, finance, security, and other stakeholder teams to ensure agreements are consistent with Okta policies and processes.
- Serve as the designated contact for contract related questions to specified internal stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain contract templates, clauses and playbooks to establish consistency in negotiations and align with company policies.
- Assist with maintaining, developing, implementing, and continuously improving processes and procedures for consistent, compliant, and efficient contracting process and operations.
- Track and enter key terms in executed contracts into internal contract database.
- Contribute as a team player to help maximize the value of the legal department as an effective, respected, and valued resource within Okta.
- Undergraduate degree or JD.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in reviewing, drafting, negotiating, and managing contracts in support and delivery of SaaS services.
- Ability to review and analyze contracts quickly with utmost accuracy with strong working knowledge of commercial legal principles and terms.
- Knowledge of data security and data privacy a plus.
- Practical business judgment with a highly responsive, client service-oriented attitude.
- Excellent, clear, concise and timely communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Demonstrated track record of establishing strong, collaborative relationships with the sales and deal desk.
- Good judgment, integrity, and strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet specific deadlines while staying highly aligned with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly establish and consistently maintain positive collaborative working relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Excellent project management and recordkeeping skills with a desire to improve and streamline processes.
- Prior experience with tools such as Salesforce, Docusign, and Contract management systems.
- Ambitious go-getter willing to roll up their sleeves; team-oriented and with a sense of humor.
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work