Accelerate your career by joining Okta, the leading provider of identity for the enterprise, as a member of our rock star commercial legal team as Senior Corporate Counsel. In this position you will play a key role in supporting the Sales and Professional Services organizations at a high growth publicly traded tech company that provides products enabling companies to use any technology anywhere. You will bring your experience to provide strong legal guidance, structure complex deals, and draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements with some of the biggest names across every vertical.
This position will ideally be based in Okta’s Washington DC Office, but we are open to remote work for the right candidate. And yes, we have all of the great perks you would expect from a tech company like fully stocked kitchens, competitive salary, catered lunches, equity incentives, and flexible time off. If you want to work at a company that values personal growth, professional development, volunteerism, and solves complex problems with an incredible, dedicated, and supportive team of legal leaders then Okta is the place for you!
- Draft and negotiate outbound SaaS master subscription agreements, professional services agreements, and other types of commercial agreements.
- Work directly with business executives and key business stakeholders as a tactical influencer to provide business-minded legal advice and guidance on a broad range of complex legal, business and strategic issues as they arise.
- Partner with revenue recognition, sales operations, technology operations, and other stakeholder teams to ensure agreements are consistent with internal Okta policies and processes.
- Partner with Sales, Finance and other internal business constituents throughout the customer lifecycle to ensure customer success and the protection of Okta.
- Build critical relationships with both legal colleagues and key stakeholders to effectively provide legal and strategic advice to assist the business to meet its objectives.
- Drive and contribute to other exciting and interesting legal projects as needed.
- 7+ years of relevant experience negotiating and drafting enterprise-level SaaS subscription software license agreements, technology license, and professional services agreements.
- 3+ years of in-house experience with a proven track record of efficiency, collaborating with sales leadership and internal stakeholders to close deals, and experience working within a fiscal-quarter cadence.
- Substantial familiarity with the software-as-a-service business model and enterprise cloud computing concepts at a SOX compliant public company.
- Familiarity with revenue recognition issues and experience working with Revenue and Accounting teams.
- Substantive expertise in negotiating strategic, high-value SaaS transactions with enterprise customers.
- Leadership experience and desire to provide guidance and mentorship to junior members of the legal team.
- Strong academic background and J.D. from highly-regarded school, bar admission.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Highly-responsive and service-oriented attitude.
- Business-minded, can-do spirit with the experience to find a way through tough negotiations.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and rewarding work environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of internal clients.
- Sound and practical business judgment.
- Ambitious go-getter willing to roll up their sleeves; team-oriented and with a sense of humor.
- Smart as a whip with high emotional intelligence.
- Experience negotiating cross-border transactions.
- Knowledge of intellectual property issues.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work