Accelerate your career by joining Okta, the leading provider of identity for the enterprise, as a member of our amazing commercial legal team as Senior Corporate Counsel. In this position you will play a key role in supporting the sales and professional services organizations at a high growth publicly traded enterprise software company. You will apply your experience when providing strong legal guidance, structuring complex deals, and drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements with some of the biggest names across every industry who trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
This position will be based in Okta’s San Francisco or San Jose headquarters. And yes, we have all of the great perks you would expect from a tech company like fully stocked kitchens, competitive salary, catered lunches, equity incentives, and flexible time off. If you want to work at a company that values personal growth, professional development, volunteerism, and solves complex problems with an incredible, dedicated, and supportive team of legal leaders then please apply to join our rapidly growing team!
- Draft and negotiate outbound SaaS master subscription agreements, professional services agreements, and other types of commercial agreements.
- Provide day-to-day legal support, business focused counseling, and advice for business executives and enterprise level personnel.
- Manage and mentor junior attorneys on the Okta commercial legal team.
- Partner with revenue recognition, sales operations, technology operations, and other stakeholder teams to ensure agreements are consistent with internal Okta policies and processes.
- Build critical relationships with legal colleagues and key stakeholders to effectively provide practical legal and strategic advice to assist the business in meeting its objectives.
- Drive and contribute to other interesting legal projects as needed.
- 7+ years of relevant experience negotiating and drafting enterprise-level SaaS subscription software license agreements, technology licenses, and professional services agreements.
- 3+ years of in-house experience with a proven track record of efficiency, collaborating with sales leadership and internal stakeholders to close deals, and experience working within a fiscal-quarter cadence.
- Substantial familiarity with the software-as-a-service business model, enterprise cloud computing, and related data privacy and security matters.
- Prior experience managing and developing attorneys and other legal professionals.
- Familiarity with revenue recognition issues and experience working with revenue and accounting teams.
- Strong academic background and J.D. from highly-regarded school, bar admission.
- Sound and practical business judgment with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ambitious go-getter willing to roll up their sleeves; team-oriented and with a sense of humor.
- Experience negotiating cross-border transactions.
- Knowledge of intellectual property issues.
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work