Accelerate your career by joining Okta, the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise, as a member of our growing Go-to-Market legal team as Senior Corporate Counsel. The Senior Corporate Counsel will play a key role in growing Okta’s regional commercial and public sector presence in Canada by supporting Okta and in the near-term Okta’s newly acquired affiliate Auth0 local Sales, Professional Services and Partner organizations in structuring and closing outbound agreements. We are looking for a strong SaaS transactional counsel, with excellent business judgment, strong problem solving skills, and who is highly collaborative with a passion for technology and closing sales transactions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with local sales teams to negotiate, draft, and finalize Master Subscription Agreements, Data Processing Addendums, Professional Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Nondisclosure Agreements, channel-related agreements and other types of agreements as required in the Canada region.
- Partner closely with sales and provide legal support for RFPs and complex outbound sales negotiations for Canadian commercial, crown corporations, federal, provincial, and other public sector opportunities.
- Provide strategic counsel for the development of Okta’s growth in the public sector arena.
- Identify public sector customer requirements and counsel business units to support Okta’s business initiatives and internal compliance related to public sector requirements.
- Partner with local deals desk and sales operations to support end-to-end contract close process.
- Provide strategic support and counsel to finance, revenue operations, sales operations, product teams, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes.
- Serve as a trusted partner to sales and other internal business constituents in supporting our customer base to ensure continued customer success and satisfaction, while serving as a steward of Okta’s interest.
- Handle a variety of ad-hoc projects across the department supporting business, legal, and strategic corporate initiatives in the Canada region.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8+ years of relevant commercial transaction experience negotiating and closing complex enterprise SaaS subscription agreements, technology licenses, data privacy terms, and professional services agreements, including accompanying statements of work.
- Experience counseling internal clients on Canadian public sector requirements and compliance issues.
- Solid Experience working with Federal and Provincial governments in a legal nature
- Strong knowledge of data privacy/information security regulations (e.g. PIPEDA, PIPA, GDPR) and regulated industry requirements (e.g. OFSI, FSC) in key business markets in the Canada region.
- Able to demonstrate a successful track record supporting enterprise sales professionals at a fast- paced, rapidly scaling technology company.
- Proven ability to work effectively across multiple departments and build strong relationships with business partners within a global organization.
- Experience reviewing and negotiating channel agreements related to distribution, resell, professional services, referral, MSP, and technology partnerships.
- Highly responsive, accountable, detail orientated and service-focused attitude.
- Self-starter and demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Significant experience counseling global organizations on commercial and compliance issues.
- Strong academic background, degree in law from a recognized Canadian law school or right to practice in Canada
- Prior M&A integration experience
- French speaking a plus!
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.