Okta is seeking a Senior Corporate Counsel to join the Legal Department’s corporate team in our San Francisco office, reporting to the VP, AGC, Corporate. You will be an integral member of the Legal Department and will have the opportunity to operate independently in a dynamic environment to support the growing corporate and securities law needs of Okta. You will work collaboratively with various teams across the organization, including Finance/Accounting, Investor Relations, Marketing/Communications, Human Resources and others, as well as with external counsel.
- Manage the preparation of SEC filings, including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K, proxy statements and Section 16 filings, assist with Disclosure Committee process and ensure Okta’s compliance with NASDAQ listing rules and requirements
- Support Investor Relations, Marketing and Communications teams, including drafting and reviewing press releases, earnings releases, investor presentations and other materials, advise on Regulation FD and address other analyst, media and communication matters
- Prepare for annual stockholder meetings, including planning and logistics
- Assist in the coordination of board and committee meetings and provide legal support and governance advice on matters relating to board and committee best practices.
- Assist with corporate structure, including formation and maintenance of domestic and international subsidiaries and restructuring of corporate entities
- Support major transactions, including M&A and strategic transactions
- Coordinate with and efficiently manage external counsel
- Assist on other matters as needed
- J.D. degree, strong academic credentials and California state bar membership
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience at a top firm or in-house (a combination is a plus)
- Significant experience coordinating securities filings, including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8‑K, proxy statements and Section 16 filings
- Experience working with the SEC and NASDAQ, with significant knowledge of the ’33 Act, ’34 Act, Regulation FD and NASDAQ listing rules
- Sound judgment that balances legal requirements with practical business needs
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-first attitude
- Strong work ethic, excellent organizational skills and ability to manage many cross-functional projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Desire to learn new areas of practice, develop skills and expand responsibilities
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work