Accelerate your career by joining Okta as a member of our Corporate Legal Team! The Senior Corporate Counsel, reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Securities, will be an integral member of the Legal Department providing practical, business-focused advice and solutions to complex business challenges. You will have the opportunity to operate independently in a dynamic environment to support the growing corporate and securities law needs of Okta. You will work collaboratively with and serve as a key advisor to various teams across the organization, including Finance/Accounting, Investor Relations, Marketing/Communications, Human Resources and others, as well as with external counsel.
- Participate in the preparation of SEC filings, including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K, proxy statements and Section 16 filings, assist with Disclosure Committee process and ensure Okta’s compliance with NASDAQ listing rules and requirements
- Support Investor Relations, Marketing and Communications teams, including drafting and reviewing press releases, earnings releases, investor presentations and other materials, advise on Regulation FD and address other analyst, media and communication matters
- Assist with annual stockholder meetings, including planning and logistics
- Assist in the coordination of board and committee meetings and provide legal support and governance advice on matters relating to board and committee best practices
- Assist with corporate structure, including formation and maintenance of domestic and international subsidiaries and restructuring of corporate entities
- Support major transactions, including offerings, M&A and strategic transactions
- Coordinate with and efficiently manage external counsel
- Assist on other matters as needed
- J.D. degree, strong academic credentials and California state bar membership
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience at a top firm or in-house (a combination is a plus)
- Significant experience coordinating securities filings, including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8‑K, proxy statements and Section 16 filings
- Experience working with the SEC and NASDAQ, with significant knowledge of the ’33 Act, ’34 Act, Regulation FD and NASDAQ listing rules
- Sound judgment that balances legal requirements with practical business needs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team-first attitude and impeccable ethics and integrity
- Strong work ethic, excellent organizational skills and ability to manage many cross-functional projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- High level of personal drive and desire to learn new areas of practice and expand responsibilities
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.