Accelerate your career by joining Okta, the leading provider of identity for the enterprise, as a member of our growing Privacy & Product legal team! As a Senior Corporate Counsel, Privacy & Product - Cybersecurity, you will play a key role in supporting the engineering, product management, security, marketing, human resources, and sales organizations at a high-growth, publicly-traded enterprise software company. You will work on cutting-edge privacy and product projects, in a modern, cloud-first, SaaS environment, to help Okta deliver world-class products to our thousands of global customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal advice to engineers, product managers, and security specialists on compliance with applicable data security and privacy laws and regulations, security by design, and security frameworks and industry certifications.
- Develop and iterate on legal-security processes, assist in the maintenance and annual review of security programs and processes, including updates to security policies, plans, procedures, and standards and security certifications.
- Work with vulnerability management teams on vulnerability standards, responses, and notifications, enhancement of product security policies, standards and procedures, including creation of security advisories and updates.
- Investigate and analyze potential security incidents, determine legal and regulatory responsibilities, advise on necessary and recommended responses, and provide guidance on mitigation, remediation, and resolution efforts.
- Regularly meet with internal teams (e.g., product management) to understand strategies, roadmap, and initiatives, and advise on new features and activities to ensure security compliance.
- Provide early advice on risk and innovations to speed development.
- Maintain an understanding of technical controls and assist in the creation of audit and monitoring frameworks to support stable, controlled operations.
- Support security impact assessments related to product and associated technologies and vendors.
- Work cross functionally with Compliance, Legal Operations, and other teams to ensure information security and privacy compliance.
- Partner with cross functional teams to ensure: (i) necessary security terms in customer contracts and (ii) review of vendor contracts for appropriate terms and security requirements
Required Skills and Experience:
- Law degree from a highly regarded school and bar admission.
- Familiarity and comfort with the culture of a fast-paced enterprise software company.
- 8+ years’ experience (combination of law firm and in-house experience strongly preferred), including 5+ years specializing in cybersecurity and data protection matters.
- Expertise in global security, privacy, and regulatory frameworks, including NIST, ISO, FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, GDPR, CCPA, CPRA, and HIPAA.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, drafting and negotiation skills.
- Highly-responsive and service-oriented approach to driving projects to closure. Ability to quickly issue-spot, and appropriately prioritize risk and outcomes is essential.
- Team-oriented and collaborative – a self-starter with an insatiable intellectual curiosity regarding legal and regulatory aspects of data privacy and security.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
- Experience in and/or knowledge of software-as-a-service and Internet industries and technical concepts.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (US, Canada, Europe or Asia) is a plus.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.