The Senior Corporate Counsel, EMEA will play a key role on Okta’s quickly-growing, world-class legal team, in supporting our Sales and Professional Services organizations in structuring complex commercial transactions, including those via resellers and distributors, and drafting and negotiating all manner of commercial agreements.
The Senior Corporate Counsel will partner closely with Okta’s Privacy & Product legal function, in providing clear communications to customers regarding Okta’s data privacy practices and assurances.
This senior-level position will provide high executive visibility and the opportunity to help shape Okta’s expanding EMEA presence at one of the world’s most dynamic publicly-traded technology companies. The position will be based in Okta’s London office, with occasional travel across the EMEA region as Okta scales.
- Negotiate and draft master subscription agreements, professional services agreements, reseller and distributor agreements, and other types of commercial agreements.
- Partner with sales, revenue recognition, deal desk, technology operations, security, and other stakeholder teams to ensure agreements are consistent with internal Okta policies and processes.
- Partner with Okta’s internal business constituents throughout the customer lifecycle to ensure customer success and protection of Okta.
- Strong academic background and law degree (or equivalent) from highly-regarded school
- Significant relevant experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department including experience negotiating and drafting technology license/Internet service agreements, subscription software license agreements, professional services agreements, and reseller, ISV, VAR and OEM agreements
- Substantive expertise in EU data privacy law, including the GDPR
- Multilingual: proficiency in French is required, and German is a plus
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Highly-responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-based and high-achieving work environment
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with a variety of internal clients
- Sound and practical business judgment
- Ambitious go-getter willing to roll up their sleeves; team-oriented and with a sense of humor and humility
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- Substantial experience in supporting sales departments as an internal client
- Substantial familiarity with the software-as-a-service business model and enterprise cloud computing concepts, including those related to data protection and privacy
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work