Accelerate your career by joining Okta as a member of our Public Sector Legal Team! As Senior Corporate Counsel, Public Sector Compliance you’ll be in charge of building a scalable global compliance program in support of Okta’s rapidly growing public sector vertical.
- Develop and implement public sector-specific programs, controls, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with U.S. federal, state, and local as well as international government contracting laws and agency requirements.
- Track new and emerging public sector policies and regulations (including proposed FAR and DFARS clauses) impacting cloud services providers to ensure compliance. preparedness in support of Okta’s go-to-market organization.
- Manage the flowdown of applicable public sector requirements to Okta's supply chain.
- Perform compliance risk assessments and internal policy gap analyses and adjust Okta’s public-sector policies in the U.S. and internationally as needed to close any gaps.
- Create and deliver government ethics and compliance trainings to stakeholders across Okta who interface with public sector customers and government officials, including to Sales, Sales Engineering, Customer Success, and Customer Support teams.
- Work closely with commercial counsel to track and ensure ongoing compliance with any non-standard contract clauses and Fed/SLED requirements, including contracts with distributor and reseller partners.
- Provide legal advice to Okta’s Security team regarding FedRAMP, DoD Information Level, and agency specific authorization and security requirements.
- Review public sector marketing content for accuracy and completeness. Advise on ethics and gifting questions relating to marketing campaigns and events.
- Manage Okta’s lobbying compliance program both in the U.S. and internationally.
- Advise Okta’s Partner Team on any public sector specific legal risks, programmatic considerations, and due diligence review.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of experience designing and implementing public sector ethics and compliance programs.
- 2+ years of in-house experience, preferably at a SaaS technology company.
- Deep knowledge of the FAR, DFARS, U.S. federal procurement, and compliance statutes and regulations.
- Experience handling False Claims Act, procurement integrity, and other government contracts ethics issues.
- A self-motivated individual who takes initiative and is comfortable rolling up their sleeves to understand and independently advise on issues of first impression.
- Experience drafting contract language and negotiating U.S. public sector transactions strongly preferred.
- Team oriented with a sense of humor.
- Strong academic background and J.D. from highly-regarded school, bar admission.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.