Okta is looking for a highly motivated Senior Data Analyst, Sales Commissions to take a lead role in driving our sales commission plans, calculations, and audit accuracy globally. Reporting to the Commissions Operations Manager, this role will be working cross-functionally with the Sales Org, Sales Ops, Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounting, Payroll, Legal, and HR teams and will be responsible for commissions and bonus operations including variable compensations calculations, reporting, and analysis. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter who brings with them 4-6 years of Sales variable compensation experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities, include (but not limited to):
- Fully understand and administer Okta’s Sales Compensation plans
- Prepare, calculate, and analyze the monthly commissions payout in accordance to Okta’s monthly/quarterly cadence
- Distribute and track completeness of compensation plan sign-off from sales personnel to ensure compliance with company policies
- Support the Accounting team in timely and accurate preparation of monthly accruals and reconciliations for commissions accounting
- Act as Point of Contact for all commissions related questions and provide thorough and timely answers to the sales and sales management teams and maintain regular customer service via ServiceNow tickets
- Effective communicator who can take complex logic and scenarios and describe them simply and clearly to various internal parties
- Document approvals and other support materials for any adjustment that will result in changes to pay and assist in drafting policies and procedures around adjustments
- Develop, maintain, and update tool necessary to sales commissions reporting
- Build documentation to effectively handle all commissions related processes
- Drive process and systems improvements related to commissions process and lead User Acceptance Testing for annual compensation plan changes
- Provide cross-functional support regarding commissions related inquiries and requests
- Maintain, document, and adhere to internal controls to ensure Sox and policy compliance
- Ad Hoc projects and requests, as needed
- 4-6 years of high-tech company experience (SaaS/Cloud model preferred) in Finance or accounting with minimum 2-3 years’ experience as commissions administrator
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, economics, or other quantitative fields preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience with Xactly or similar compensation tool is highly preferred
- Very strong Microsoft Excel skills and passion for new technologies
- Experience with CRM/HRIS systems like Salesforce and Workday is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team player with a positive, “can do” attitude
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a dynamic setting while maintaining accuracy and delivering against deadlines
- Motivated to work cross-functionally in a role which supports multiple business partners
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $90,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.