Okta is experiencing significant growth and is seeking an experienced and driven leader for M&A Finance & Data.
As the Senior Director of M&A Finance & Data you will be a critical member of the FP&A team at Okta. You will be responsible for guiding our acquired companies on the journey of financial and operational integration, acting as a trusted partner and advocate throughout the M&A life cycle, with a focus on maximizing value to accelerate growth for Okta.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner on Okta wide effort to drive process, systematic and data improvements across the company
- Partner with other FP&A leaders in leveraging technology to elevate our reporting and analytics capabilities
- Lead and partner across FP&A in the development of high-quality reports, dashboards and other data visualizations to accelerate key business insights
- Work with cross functional teams on data quality, standardization, and centralization initiatives as part of the overall company data strategy
- Close partnership across Business Technology to implement ongoing refinement activities to mature analytics capabilities, data governance, and business self-service capabilities
- Partner with Corporate Development on deal modeling and due to diligence for any potential acquisitions
- Develop a deep understanding of Okta business model to drive strategic discussions with executive leaders pre and post acquisitions
- Drive integration timing without being disruptive to the acquired company's performance, providing change management and milestone execution plans to the acquired company, serving diverse internal stakeholders and facilitating optimal performance of the acquired company
- Define and execute the program management of the finance integration tracks for each acquisition including but not limited to finance employee org design and on-boarding; and process and system integration milestone deliverables across procure-to-pay, quote-to-cash, employee harmonization and forecast-to-report
- Responsible for the optimization of interim-state processes, policy and systems while influencing alignment with and integration into our core business
- Standardize and refine the M&A finance integration playbooks, monthly reporting packages, and cross-functional communications with a lens towards solutions frameworks and first principles guidance
- Work cross functionally and support high energy and fast paced business partners
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 15+ years of cross-functional finance or finance project management experience
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership, influence, alignment and execution in a fast-paced matrixed global organization through collaboration and effective close working relationships
- Exceptionally strong communicator who is equally adept at communications strategy and execution, with the ability to independently craft a full range of clear, high-impact communications with both company executives and immediate stakeholders.
- Financial operations management experience and sound understanding of financial processes is required
- Strong financial acumen specifically toward software/SaaS business metrics including an understanding of go-to-market and various expense processes and systems
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills are required
- Anaplan Experience is a plus
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.#LI-Remote #LI-AL1
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $204,000/year + equity + benefits))