Okta is seeking a top tier candidate for the Sr. Director, Finance Transformation position. In this role, your goal is to eliminate friction for the Finance organization by optimizing process and technology solutions. Okta’s Finance Transformation team plays a critical role in ensuring the Finance organization has the right insight, tools, and processes it needs to run effectively and efficiently. This specific role will work closely across all of finance to transform our finance capabilities through improved business processes and automation. This role will create the vision and roadmap for the function – ensuring consistent and thoughtful application of transformation best practices ranging from policies and procedures, process improvement, project prioritization, and change management. Key to this role is your ability to think strategically, build cross-functional relationships, apply critical thinking skills, and mentor and develop a high performing team. You will partner with stakeholders across business and technology teams to influence decisions and create solutions that benefit the Finance organization.
What you will get to do:
- Establish charter, engagement model and processes that will govern how the Finance organization approaches process and technology solutions to support long term scale that fosters transparency and trust
- Grow, mentor, and develop a high performing team with a diverse background and passion for transformation
- Partner with leaders across Business Technology, Accounting, FP&A, Tax, Treasury and other Finance functions to develop and establish a transformation mindset focused on long term scale, not short term benefits
- Proactively build trusted partnerships with external stakeholders (Sales, GTM Operations, Product, Legal, etc.) and their respective automation leads to collaborate, identify risks, and establish transparency to mitigate unexpected impacts to Finance
- Rapidly scale Finance Transformation team to support rapid growth and transformation of existing processes and systems
- Partner with Business Technology organization to establish and maintain CFO org technology roadmap for all Financial System applications
- Define cadence, process, and output for CFO-wide process efficiency reviews of each core transactional cycle
- Create and maintain an inventory of core finance processes, systems and tools
- Develop CFO-wide prioritization policies for projects that include success measures and direct support to internal corporate goals
- Partner with Business Technology to ensure adequate support and coverage that complements Finance Transformation support model
- Standardize and refine M&A playbook for core finance process areas
- Oversee overall program execution, including enablement of teams to drive change management and the successful adoption of improved processes and tools across the entire Finance organization.
- Lead critical major cross-functional initiatives and projects for the finance organization including system implementations, operational improvements and international expansion
- Serve as the primary Finance business technology representative of the Finance organization in major cross functional initiatives (ie: M&A)
- Develop a baseline understanding of all core Okta finance process areas
- Minimum of 12-15 years of relevant work experience around finance/ accounting process and systems implementation life cycles, with significant financial transformation experience.
- 5+ years of managing teams with 5+ team members in a dynamic environment.
- 10+ years of relevant finance systems and process experience, including but not limited to Record to Report, Procure to Pay, Quote to Cash, Hire to Retire processes.
- Knowledge and experience with financial system applications such as Salesforce / CPQ, NetSuite, RevPro, Coupa, Anaplan, Workday, Tableau, Snowflake and/or Robotics Process Automation (RPA) is a plus.
- Experienced in Process Improvement methodologies (Lean and/or Six Sigma Black Belt, or similar), Project Management methodologies, and leading organizational transformation practices.
- Progressive experience leading teams, mentoring staff, evaluating performance, and providing performance feedback.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, or equivalent from an accredited college/university; CPA or another advanced professional credential is preferred.
((Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $204,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.