We are currently seeking a Sr. Director, People Business Partner to lead the EMEA Region and partner closely with the GTM Leadership to scale the business. This position will be responsible for leading, supporting, and facilitating the delivery of People services to the organizations in the region while delivering high impact and value. The Sr. Director, People Business Partner will work closely with the leadership in EMEA and provide expert advice and coaching to drive and support their business objectives. This role will report to the VP of People Business Partners (based in San Jose, CA).
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide strategic advice, counsel and consultative solutions to business leaders on people management aspects of their business to include driving organizational development, leadership development, team effectiveness, and executing change management.
- Collaborate and consult on the design and delivery of People programs with the COEs to deliver effective solutions to the business and the region.
- Act as the advocate for leading the talent management and development plans for the business unit or function with a focus on enhancing the quality of leaders and managers, building skills and capabilities of the workforce and ensuring succession bench strength.
- Direct, develop and drive business unit’s or function’s global workforce plan and human capital strategies by acquiring and maintaining in-depth knowledge of the business, not limited to budget, revenue and product and portfolio roadmaps.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition, Talent Management and Finance to ensure a feasible, pro-active workforce plan is in place and well executed.
- Responsible for developing people processes for entering into new countries and partner with stakeholder ensure compliance from a labor and employment perspective
- Develop and monitor regular and ad-hoc reports to ensure People metrics are quantified and outcome driven. Able to identify trends and proactively recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
- Guide and coach managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex People issues (e.g., performance management and total rewards).
- Partner with team members throughout the People organization to develop, communicate and educate on policies, procedures, and compliance.
- Provide consultative support and guidance to managers on implementation / execution of core People programs
- Leverage best practices and identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Understand the client groups, strategy, challenges, business initiatives and business model.
- 25% travel across EMEA
Required Skills And Experience
- Experience leading People Business Partners with responsibility for the EMEA region in complex, high growth companies.
- Extensive country specific knowledge of European labor, compensation and recruitment practices.
- Exceptional communication skills combined with demonstrated problem solving ability are critical for this role.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Viewed as a resource for advice and guidance by peers and senior leaders.
- Good understanding of matrix structures and politically savvy.
- Ability to cope with pressure maintaining a high standard of deliverables.
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills.
- Ability to analyze data and propose methods for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work in a confidential environment.
- Ability to work in a fast moving and changing environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate in various mediums to a wide variety of audiences.
- Able to build relationships, develop credibility with internal clients and mentor HR colleagues.
- Strong ability to multi-task and respond effectively to changing priorities and demands.
- Strong experience working with technology companies.
- Bachelor’s Degree required and 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience supporting SVP+ level.
- Experience supporting teams of 500+ employees.
- Experience coaching and mentoring others in an informal or formal setting.
- Experience working on various HR programs/projects.
- Experience in a growing, global software development environment is preferred.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.