We are looking for a Sr. Director of Revenue Accounting to lead the global revenue accounting function. This role will report directly to the Chief Accounting Officer and will be responsible for all aspects of subscription and services revenue, overseeing technical accounting research related to complex revenue transactions and partnering with the business to support new revenue models. In addition, you will oversee the maintenance and review of world-wide revenue accounting policies and procedures
What You’ll Achieve
- Be the finance organization’s subject matter expert on revenue accounting and collaborate with legal, FP&A, revenue operations, sales operations, product and professional services relative to contract negotiations and new product offerings to provide guidance on technical accounting, policy and process.
- Oversee review of non-standard contracts to ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and internal policies.
- Work closely with the Company’s external auditors on revenue recognition and related controls and manage quarterly and annual audit requirements.
- Integrate revenue recognition of acquired companies into RevPro.
- Assist in the review of revenue disclosures for external financial reporting, including 10Q's, 10K's and 8K's and assist in ensuring compliance with SEC and GAAP reporting requirements
- Identify, design and propose ways to make the revenue accounting function more efficient, accurate and timely on a global basis.
- Review the Company’s revenue recognition policy and desktop procedures for ongoing revenue activities.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- 15+ years of combined experience in both public accounting and leading a revenue accounting function in a publicly traded company
- BS in Finance or Accounting
- CPA required, Big 4 experience highly preferred
- Detailed knowledge of relevant revenue accounting guidance under ASC 606 relating to SaaS and Services revenue recognition
- Ability to analyze problems, develop/recommend solutions, and resolve complex revenue accounting issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while meeting goals and deadlines
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership skills and ability to drive change
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce CPQ, and RevPro preferred
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $204,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.