Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With thousands of pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 15,000 organizations trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Okta is in hyper growth mode. We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated Senior Manager who will be a key player in, and is truly excited about, driving and effectively scaling Okta's rapid growth. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that wants to be part of a dynamic FP&A organization that is operating at an accelerated pace and scaling for the future.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, a team player, a confident business partner, capable of driving action cross functionally, analytical, and outstanding at FP&A. This person is comfortable operating at all levels, with eyes on the strategic big picture, while skillfully managing the financial details.
This position can be U.S. remote but candidate must be willing to work Pacific Time Zone hours.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic finance partner to senior leadership including the CFO, Investor Relations, FP&A, and other Finance Leadership, providing insights, opportunities, and risks on business performance and processes to enable strategic and operational decision-making
- Own the company planning processes for medium-range planning covering consolidated financial statements, guidance models and associated key internal and external metrics
- Collaborate with and support FP&A and other key stakeholders across the organization to enhance forecasting, scenario planning, reporting, and analyses
- Deliver and evolve existing management reporting to summarize data into insights and facilitate decision-making, partnering with data and reporting teams
- Prepare and review a range of internal and external reporting, ensuring data integrity across the different sources of information
- Leverage and improve current processes and systems to increase efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness as the company grows and scales
- Play a key role in strategic and operational initiatives, furthering our finance transformation, delivering business analytics and insights, and making recommendations for short and long term decisions
- Manage one direct report, with the potential for further leadership opportunities over time
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate as well as distill data into actionable information to drive results
- Leadership: Ability to manage and develop talent. More broadly, ability to influence at all levels, with a demonstrated aptitude to work effectively within a matrixed team across multiple functional areas, and be assertive in driving successful management strategies
- Execution: Ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision and accuracy
- Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners, inclusive of senior leadership
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Ability to apply rigorous logic and sound methods to solve multi-faceted problems with effective solutions
- Analytical Skills: Ability to work independently, think objectively, and interpret meaningful and insightful narratives from both quantitative as well as qualitative data
- Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small, and large groups
- 7+ years of progressive experience in FP&A, with at least 2 years of Corporate Finance partnering leading forecasting processing and working on guidance models, actively partnering with IR a huge plus
- MBA preferred, minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or an equivalent from a leading undergraduate institution
- Prior experience in a high-growth global high tech/software/SaaS organization
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills are required
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including expertise presenting analyses to management
"((Colorado, New York City and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $135,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits)”
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.