Senior Financial Analyst, Information Technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With thousands of pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Okta is in hyper growth mode. We are seeking an experienced Senior Financial Analyst who will be a key player in and is truly excited about driving and effectively scaling Okta’s rapid growth. This person will partner with senior leadership and their teams for the Information Technology organization on all planning, forecasting, and analysis activities. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that wants to be part of a dynamic FP&A organization that is operating at an accelerated pace and scaling for the future.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, a team player, a confident business partner, capable of driving action cross functionally, analytical, and outstanding at FP&A. This person is comfortable operating at all levels, with eyes on the strategic big picture, while skillfully managing the financial details.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the lead finance partner for the Information Technology organization
- Own the budgeting and forecasting processes for this function, including:
- Partnering with business to ensure accuracy for spend, headcount, and other key metrics based on operational performance
- Preparing budget vs. actual variance analysis and other relevant reporting
- Leading thoughtful analysis, evaluating key drivers and metrics, and partnering on driving operational efficiencies
- Collaborating with the controllership organization on accruals and other elements of the close process
- Evolving these processes, as needed
- Participate in the company’s long-range strategic planning, as applicable
- Partner with IT and Procurement on key spend areas, including software licenses and AWS modeling
- Collaborate with business and accounting on Cloud Computing Arrangements (CCA) capitalization
- Partner with business on ROI modeling for IT projects and implementations
- Assist with and manage frequent ad hoc projects, including M&A, to support senior management and business decisions
- Lead process and systems improvement and scaling projects for your area and partner on cross functional teams, to drive the company’s continued growth and scaling.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of FP&A experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- MBA, Big 4 accounting, or investment banking experience a plus
- Proficiency with FP&A systems required, Anaplan experience is a HUGE plus
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel and strong PowerPoint skills are required
- Manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both written and verbal
- Prior experience in a high-growth high tech/software/SaaS organization is a plus
- Very comfortable with change and challenging the status quo
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.