Title of Job: Senior, Financial Reporting Analyst
Role Located in: Okta Headquarters (San Francisco, CA)
Reports to: Director, Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to both secure and manage their extended enterprise, and transform their customers’ experiences. With over 5,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely adopt the technologies they need to fulfill their missions. Over 4,000 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio trust Okta to securely connect their people and technology.
To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
Okta is seeking a top tier candidate to tackle the Company’s SEC reporting complexities. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, self-motivated, team player with a very strong working knowledge of GAAP, SEC regulations and internal controls. This role is an individual contributor reporting to the Director of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead in SEC reporting and analysis including drafting documents to be filed with the SEC in accordance with GAAP and SEC rules and regulations
- Identification of accounting & disclosure issues /proactive bench marking of disclosure practices and recommendations to management
- Prepares disclosures in these reports, including the cash flow statement, stock and equity footnotes
- Coordinate with finance and FP&A to ensure results are reasonable and fluctuations are researched and explained in the MD&A
- Liaise and manage the coordination with external auditors during quarterly and annual financial audits
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of SOX 404 including documentation of processes and procedures for external and other reporting functions
- Remain current through training and other events on all SEC, SOX, and Technical Accounting issues. Strong background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP, SOX 404, and SEC reporting standards
- Assist Investor Relations department with the preparation of analyst presentations, ensuring they are consistent with SEC filings.
- Support all close and reporting activities as part of the financial reporting team
- As necessary, assist in or lead special projects and technical accounting research
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
· 4+ years relevant work experience; Big 4 experience is required, direct experience on external reporting responsibilities with a public company experience
· High-tech industry experience preferred, but not required
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations, experience in preparation of financial statements and accompanying footnotes and disclosures
- Experience in implementing, documenting, and evaluating internal controls within the standards established by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, COSO framework and PCAOB standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with NetSuite and Workivia a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manages competing priorities, and adheres to tight deadlines
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels of an organization, from clerical staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work