Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications. Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
We are in search of a top tier Senior GL Accountant of Compensation to join our operations in Warsaw, Poland. The ideal candidate is a detailed-oriented, self-motivated team player, who enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment. This individual should have a solid working knowledge of GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls and will be responsible for the timely and accurate recording of compensation and benefits related activities of the company. This includes recording of sales commissions/compensation plan calculation and accruals, payroll and related benefits/taxes accruals, as well as the bonuses related accruals.
Additionally, this role will be responsible for supporting the month-end close process, SOX compliance control execution and quarterly / annual audit process, as well as identifying and driving project-based work to provide process efficiencies for the team. This role will be reporting to the Manager, Compensation Accounting.
- Perform various GL month-end close activities, including preparation and review of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for accrued compensation accounts which include: commission journal entries, payroll journal entries, bonus accruals, severance, retention,fringe allocations, and various other compensation related entries
- Review various compensation plan and bonus plan calculations. Perform sensitivity checks, analyze bonus payout true-up against expected final payout, prepare monthly bonus analysis for OPEX flux analysis, and record quarterly attainment true-up as needed.
- Collaborates closely with the Commissions Operations team on monthly commission
accruals and related deferred commission waterfall entries
- Prepare balance sheet and P&L fluctuation analysis for MoM, QoQ, YoY
- Assist in preparing internal and external financial reporting schedules including but not
limited to footnotes and disclosures
- Evaluate process and system infrastructure, along with identifying and implementing
process improvement opportunities
- Maintain and enhance the internal controls over accounting processes and systems
- Assist in implementing new accounting policies and procedures
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance and non-finance business partners by providing financial insights and relevant reporting
- Support the quarterly reviews and annual audit requests and inquiries from our external auditors
- Coordination with payroll to process commission/bonus/retro and special payments
- Prepare month-end closing journal entries, including reconciliation clean-ups, resolving discrepancies and ensuring entries are in accordance with US GAAP
- Ensure SOX and policy compliance
- Ad hoc accounting analysis projects and various requests, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 6 years of combined public accounting and private industry at a publicly traded company
- ACCA qualification
- Solid working knowledge and application of US GAAP, SEC regulations, and SOX/internal controls
- Familiarity with the operations and related accounting for payroll, commissions and bonus.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and organization skills
- Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Ability to adhere to deadlines in a fast-paced environment, without sacrificing accuracy
- Strong systems knowledge, including the ability to quickly learn new systems
- Proficient with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Experience using Workday, ADP or other comparable payroll software a plus
This is a hybrid role with some days required to work in our Warsaw office.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.