Okta is looking to fill the position of a Senior Payroll Analyst who can efficiently work in a high social energy and rapidly expanding work environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for management and execution of Americas (US & Canada) payrolls and will be reporting to the Senior Global Payroll Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for processing Canada payroll
- Responsibilities include: processing leaves and terminations, data entry and file imports (commissions, bonuses and 3rd party benefit vendors), review and validation of timecard entries, and review and audit payroll
- Check and audit timekeeping records for compliance
- Maintain payroll tickets and respond to employee’s inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters, timely and professionally
- Process garnishments
- Process off-cycle checks
- Payroll data audits
- Processing equity transactions
- Apply for tax IDs for new jurisdictions and maintain tax information using ADP SmartCompliance
- Testing and troubleshooting system issues
- Multi-state tax withholding and compliance, as well as processing tax adjustments
- 3+ years’ experience in processing Canada payroll; preferred knowledge of US payroll for cross training
- 3+ experience with Microsoft office, concentration on Excel spreadsheets
- Strong knowledge of Canadian payroll regulations.
- Ability to maintain data confidentiality with a strong sense of professional integrity
- Highly analytical with exceptional organization and prioritization skills, and proven ability to meet hard deadlines
- Strong commitment to customer service and ability to communicate concisely, both written and verbally
- Proactive, flexible, assertive, with a creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work closely with various teams throughout the company
- Ability to work well with remote teams in a remote environment
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.