Okta’s Legal Operations team is looking for a Sr. Legal Contracts Specialist to assist in supporting our Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. You will be responsible for managing Okta’s agreements in a high volume, fast-paced environment. You will work closely with legal, sales and other key business units to shepherd agreements through the contracts lifecycle process from initiation to execution.
A successful candidate will have a proven track record using a Contract Management System (CMS) and collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders to appropriately generate and route agreements, support negotiations, support execution of agreements and store and track key terms of executed agreements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the liaison between the Commercial Legal team and Sales team and other business units to intake agreements
- Manage the contract lifecycle through the negotiations process for Master Subscription Agreements, Partner Agreements, Statements of Work, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Amendments, and various other agreements
- Responsible for ensuring that agreements submitted to the CMS are assigned to the attorneys in their designated regional territories
- Provide leadership and work collaboratively with Sales Account Executives and other identified stakeholders in support of the worldwide Legal and Sales team’s use of the CMS
- Review, analyze and draw appropriate conclusions from contractual terms and data regarding those terms
- Demonstrate the ability to work with minimal direction and supervision independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to evaluate non-standard requests and determine where they fit in an existing process and develop a vision to create a process for resolving such non-standard requests
- Contribute to legal processes regarding standard form agreements that scale globally
- Work with and train Sales team members on the use of the Contracts Management System
- Establish, maintain and support processes to ensure compliance with internal policies
- Manage and update the CMS and ensure all contracts are integrated into the CMS
Required Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of contract management and administration experience using a CMS (Apttus preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some knowledge of European law.
- Practical experience in-house in a legal department.
- Ability to manage a high volume of inbound and outbound sales and related agreements.
- Strong understanding of contracts and contractual terms
- Experience developing and implementing standard operating procedures for contracts administration.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and take ownership of the contracting process.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Entirely credible and trustworthy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative cross functional relationships with all key business units.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle high stress situations in a professional, business-like manner.
- Experience with using Salesforce a plus.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.