Okta is looking for a dynamic HR leader to join our People Operations team to lead Global Mobility. The Senior Manager, Global Mobility will be responsible for developing and managing Okta’s global mobility strategy and programs, including international assignments, immigration, relocation, and tax. This includes policy development, vendor management, consulting, and redefining mobility experiences for employees. This role is based in San Jose or San Francisco.
- Lead the Global Mobility team to deliver amazing employee experiences for Okta’s global workforce.
- Develop and implement Okta’s global mobility strategy, including philosophy and guidelines, policies, programs, processes, reporting, and analytics aligned to our talent strategy, core values, and changes to global talent markets and immigration policies.
- Drive the employee experience for our Dynamic Work initiative as we move to a more distributed workforce partnering with our Workplace, Recruiting, and Finance teams.
- Oversee case management and program administration, working as the main point of contact to coordinate assignments, immigration, tax consultations, and relocation programs.
- Previous management experience.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to ensure smooth processes and high employee satisfaction, including Recruiting, Legal, Payroll, Tax, Workplace, and Finance teams
- Manage vendors to provide strong compliance standards and high levels of service and effective communication to Okta’s global workforce.
- Advise, consult, and train business leaders, hiring managers, talent acquisition partners, and people partners on global mobility, immigration, and tax matters.
- Provide expert counsel and analysis to global assignees and regarding immigration and tax matters to guide employees on applying policies.
- Evaluate processes and service delivery to recommend and implement improvements that support scaling programs with Okta’s growth and improving the use of technology, automation, and operational excellence.
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day operations and activities with the Tax, Relocation, & Global Immigration vendors to ensure cost effectiveness and optimal service levels to Okta.
- Partner across the People team to report and analyze program value realization, employee experience, and cost, and provide recommendations to the leadership team and other key stakeholders.
- 7+ years of direct immigration and global mobility experience, including in-house or consulting experience (Big 4 accounting experience preferred).
- Previous in-house company experience strongly preferred.
- Global Mobility Certification preferred.
- Program/Project Management Experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills.
- Ability to advise and influence business leaders and stakeholders and to work collaboratively within a global and diverse business environment.
- Understanding of global and expatriate compensation, visa types, tax laws, payroll, and compliance matters.
- Experience managing external vendor relationships.
- Self-starter with the flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and deadlines.
- BA/BS in Business or related field.
- Experience using Workday, Servicenow (ticketing), and Confluence (Wiki) is desired.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.