Okta is looking to fill the position of a Senior Payroll Manager who can effectively work in a high social energy and rapidly expanding work environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for management and execution of Americas (US & Canada & LATAM) payrolls and will be reporting to the Sr. Global Payroll Director.
- Responsible for the management and development of US & Canada payroll team, working together to build and scale the payroll department, strengthen internal controls, and accurately manage day-to-day operations.
- Manage and review payroll to ensure timely and accurate payroll processing with strong data integrity consistent with federal, state, and local wage and hour laws.
- Responsible for ensuring all payroll regulatory filings are completed accurately and timely.
- Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with third party payroll related vendors to drive improvements and efficiencies in process and system use to provide recommendations to management.
- Sets up and manages payroll in new states, providing inputs to payroll service providers, reviewing, and approving payrolls.
- Experienced with various stock transactions as it related to payroll reporting and tax withholdings.
- Manages payroll team, and promotes team’s development through effective goal setting, metrics, and engagement/development plans.
- Responds to employee inquiries concerning payroll with a sense of urgency, in a kind and empathetic manner, ensuring that staff members’ needs, and concerns are addressed.
- Develop and maintain pay policies, payroll calendars, payroll checklists, process maps, and other procedural documentation, ensuring that internal controls and procedures are followed to satisfy periodic review in compliance of local laws.
- Experience in building solid relationships with cross-functional business partners in HRIS, Benefits, Compensation, Stock, Finance, and Legal.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 10+ years of experience in the Finance / Payroll profession.
- Excellent skills using MS Power-point, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with Workday payroll.
- Technical knowledge of payroll regulations, reporting, and general accounting principles.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and take ownership of work product. Ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-growing environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with various difficulty levels in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.