Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security policies. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 6,500+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost. Over 9,400 organizations, including Engie, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Takeda Pharmaceutical, Teach for America, T-Mobile and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Okta is looking for a Sr. Manager of Recruiting to join our growing technical recruiting team! You will manage our global Product Delivery recruiting efforts responsible for attracting, engaging and hiring talent for Okta's Auth0 Product Unit. We are disrupting a multi-billion dollar industry – are you ready to join us? Primary capabilities we are looking for in this role are; Strategic Account Management, Operational Excellence, People Leadership and a Marketing mind-set. Secondary, but also important; EQ, Grit, Project Management and a high bias for action!
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Lead our global engineering recruiting team that delivers SW Developers, Infrastructure, Quality engineering, Product, and Program talent for Okta’s Auth0 Product Unit
- Align key talent initiatives and resources with Okta's core business objectives
- Organizational design; building an effective organization designed to deliver at scale in a hyper-growth Company
- Strategic Account Management - partner with key Product Unit leaders and managers to ensure hiring of the right talent at the right time.
- Partnership & Influence - Work closely with Finance & HR leaders to deliver short & long term talent solutions that drive growth & efficiency
- People Leader - manage, lead, grow and develop a high performing team of Recruiters and other key Recruiting talent
- Operational Excellence – drive efficiencies that scale; metrics, process, technology
- Instrument and align operating rhythms that ensure the team hits established KPI's
- Be seen a Brand Ambassador and steward of talent for Okta
- 10+ years broad recruiting expertise; 5+ years managing teams of recruiting employees and/or contractors with the last several years managing engineering/technical recruitment; software industry preferred
- Ability to balance short & long; you understand the need to meet short-term goals while planning for future growth and scale
- Understanding of University Recruiting as a strategic input to long-term headcount growth
- Experience hiring, developing and scaling an organization of top recruiting talent
- Growth Mind-set; you are a leader who is ok making the call, learning fast and pivoting quickly if it does not work
- Intellectually Curious; you never stop looking for ways to make the business, yourself or your team better at what we do, hire great talent
- Boundaryless; ability to work across multiple stakeholders, direct or dotted-line, and partner to create awesome customer and candidate experiences
- Data driven; you understand what we should measure and why, and are able to leverage key data to make informed decisions, as well as influence outcomes
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.