Position Description: Okta is seeking a top tier candidate to tackle the Company’s technical accounting and SEC reporting and complexities. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, self-motivated team player with a very strong working knowledge of GAAP, SEC regulations and internal controls. This role is an individual contributor reporting to the Director of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead all technical accounting research for any complex, unusual and/or significant transactions and provide technical accounting guidance across all functions ensuring compliance with applicable GAAP; provide findings to management and participate in discussions with external auditors.
- Assess and document the accounting impact and required disclosures for major corporate events or transactions, including significant contracts, acquisitions, debt and equity offerings and other one-off transactions. Work proactively with external auditors to drive timely closure of technical accounting matters and support finance teams to ensure proper accounting and disclosure along with documentation of Accounting memos as appropriate.
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining global accounting policies manual. Lead education, communication and implemention of new policies throughout the organization.
- Liaise and manage the coordination with external auditors during quarterly and annual financial audits.
- Liaise and manage the coordination with external tax firm regarding information request for tax provision calculation.
- Collaborate with business operators and FP&A Group to understand budget implications and implement planning strategy for these accounting issues.
- Proactive identification of accounting & disclosure issues /proactive benchmarking of disclosure practices and recommendations to management.
- Ensure financial statements are in accordance with GAAP guidelines.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of SOX 404 including documentation of processes and procedures for external and other reporting functions.
- Remain current through trainings and other events on all SEC, SOX, and Technical Accounting issues. Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP, SOX 404, and SEC reporting standards.
- Support all close and reporting activities as part of the financial reporting team.
- As necessary, assist in or lead special projects.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA is a plus
- 8+ years relevant work experience; Big 4 experience is required, direct experience on external reporting and technical accounting responsibilities with a public company experience
- High-tech industry experience preferred, but not required
- Experience solving and documenting complex technical accounting issues
- Previous experience with Form S-8, Form S-3, Proxy Statements, Prospectuses, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous project management experience
- Experience with NetSuite and Workivia a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manages competing priorities, and adheres to tight deadlines
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels of an organization, from clerical staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.