Okta’s University Recruiting and Programs is ready to take things to the next level. We are growing the number of university hires YoY and now turning our attention on building a long-term, scalable program. In this role, you will partner with key leaders across both tech and non-tech to develop, drive and execute scalable program solutions. Initially you will lead a team of two recruiters (one tech / one non-tech) and one dedicated recruiting coordinator.
This role reports to the VP, Talent Acquisition and will generally dotted line to the Senior Director, Product & Tech, as well as the Senior Director, Go To Market recruiting.
- Build a global strategy and roadmap for Okta early careers recruiting and program
- Manage an initial team of 2, with room to grow as the program scales
- Operationalize key business processes in service to creating experiences our candidates and hiring managers will love
- Stay abreast of the changing campus recruiting landscape, keeping up with industry best practices
- Focus on short & long term; deliver 12 to 36 month strategies tied to campus and off-campus activities to engage diverse intern, new college grad, MBA and co-op talent
- Provide thought leadership, coaching and education to Okta leadership and cross functional partners relative to seasonality of campus hiring and headcount planning
- Evaluate and make best practice improvements to our current assessment processes across all functions
- Track metrics and pipeline activity for team and manage reporting on hiring progress out to execs and cross-functional recruiting partners
- Partner across key stakeholders such as total rewards, finance, professional recruiting to ensure alignment across teams to best support early career talent
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years in university recruiting, 2-3+ years leading teams domestically for an industry leading technology company (some global experience preferred)
- Experience building university recruiting strategies and demonstrating the ability to lead a team to execute
- Track record of leading with data and metrics to educate stakeholders and influence outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to manage a budget, but having strategic means to engage university talent in the new, remote first world
- Ability to educate business partners, finance and leaders as to how college recruiting impacts future headcount planning
- Demonstrated focus building diverse campus recruiting funnels through strategies, tools or other channels
- Experience building inclusive and diverse teams for both recruiting and the business
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to be in front of internal and external leaders
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.