Title of Job: Head of USSales Recruiting
Role Located in: Role can be based in Okta’s SF or San Jose HQ, Chicago or Washington DC
Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost. Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure. See how Okta does this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8NSF2O7ZTU
To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
Okta recruiting is re-imagining how recruiting is done. We are on a journey to becoming a pro-active talent sales and marketing organization. The product we are focused on marketing to our customers, talented candidates, is a career at Okta! Our vision, why we exist, is “Connect the Best Talent with Okta. Everywhere.” How do we do this? The recruiting team, and the partners we enable, identify and acquire the world’s best talent via the Okta Talent Ecosystem. Once identified, we create engaging experiences for the talent we want to hire today (qualified and ready-now), while nurturing relationships with the talent we want to hire tomorrow (qualified and ready-later). We are investing in creating the best customer experiences, building a marketing team, a tech stack inclusive of automation tools and finding, growing and developing the best recruiting talent to join our team.
We are seeking a Recruiting leader with experience leading a team of sales recruiters and sourcers focused on US Sales (enterprise, named, public sector, commercial and inside sales) and Sales Engineering. Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Field Ops Recruiting, you will be tasked with shaping the strategy, operationalizing processes and deliver the results to help Okta sales meet its revenue goals! The core capabilities we seek in a recruiting leader are: Strategic Thinking, Operational Excellence, Data Driven and Drives for Results.
- Trusted Advisor and strategic recruiting leader to the executive sales leaders in service to building winning recruitment strategies
- Direct leadership of a US based team of sales and sales engineering recruiters and sourcers
- Ownership of sales recruiting dashboards and analytics roll-up, including the maintenance and regular delivery of metrics used to influence and guide business outcomes (pipeline, headcount forecasts, capacity plans, etc…)
- Re-imagine, and implement operationally efficient assessment processes that deliver productivity gains in recruiting, while delivering best in class experiences for hiring managers and candidates
- Partner across HR, Compensation and Talent Development to build a best in class internal recruiting and mobility process
- Align and connect key partners to deliver results for Okta; Sales Operations, Finance, HRBP’s, Total Rewards
- Presence – actively participate in cross-functional recruiting team projects that move our recruiting org to the next level
- 10+ years overall recruiting experience; 5+ years leading sales recruiting teams in an enterprise SaaS company
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience hiring software sales and/or professional services talent from inside sales to mid-market to enterprise
- Leadership of a multi-level recruiting team, consisting of leads, IC’s and sourcers delivering >= 300 hires annually
- Experience leading teams of 10+ resources
- Analytics – ability to forecast hiring, understanding of capacity planning and the most important data that influences business decisions
- Growth Mindset – even with all this experience, you are open to identifying new ways of thinking and teaching others
- Ability to build a strategic recruiting plan and implement operational rigor that helps the recruiting team exceed KPI’s
- Understanding of key trends in the recruiting industry and how to stay ahead
- Best practice knowledge and ability to bring outside in learning to Okta’s recruiting team
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.