Title of Job: Lead Recruiter, Enterprise Sales
Role Located in: San Francisco, Chicago, DC offices or full-time remote
Okta recruiting is re-imagining how recruiting is done. We are on a journey to becoming a pro-active talent sales and marketing organization. The product we are focused on marketing to our customers, talented candidates, is a career at Okta! Our vision, why we exist, is “Connect the Best Talent with Okta. Everywhere.” How do we do this? The recruiting team, and the partners we enable, identify and acquire the world’s best talent via the Okta Talent Ecosystem. Once identified, we create engaging experiences for the talent we want to hire today (qualified and ready-now), while nurturing relationships with the talent we want to hire tomorrow (qualified and ready-later). We are investing in creating the best customer experiences, building a marketing team, a tech stack inclusive of automation tools and finding, growing and developing the best recruiting talent to join our team.
This role will primarily focus on recruiting enterprise software sales reps across the US, and flex in to other areas such as Sales Engineering from time to time, as needed. This role will flex across various territories, while also playing a key role helping create great experiences for candidates. We look for our Lead Recruiters to be trusted advisors to our hiring managers, source and deliver top sales talent and have an “always recruiting” mindset.
- Carry and maintain a req load that flexes from time to time across Enterprise and/or Sales Engineering across the US
- Serve as a strategic hiring expert & business partner for your team, hiring stakeholders
- Create external hiring and internal mobility recruiting strategies
- Advise hiring partners on strategies to address talent gaps and future talent needs, through hiring
- Help determine roles and scopes for a team given organizational objectives
- Serve as a subject matter expert for hiring across multiple markets, time zones, and countries while driving talent strategies that build a diverse workforce & promote a culture of inclusion
- When needed, challenge assumptions & influence hiring stakeholders to so an objective process is completed, and the best hire is made for the organization
- Develop & leverage metrics to inform recruiting decisions, but not take that data alone at face value to determine actions
- 7+ full-life cycle recruiting experience, with at least 4+ years demonstrated success hiring enterprise software sales reps
- Pro-active mind-set in that we are not taking orders, rather leading a process in partnership with hiring managers engage in their part to win top talent
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can create order out of uncertainty
- Demonstrated excellence and passion for candidate experience at each step of the recruitment process
- Experience with and appreciation for proactive candidate cultivation/relationship building with top-tier passive candidates over time
- Marketing mind-set; ability to deliver top of the funnel outside of traditional methods such as postings or sending In-Mails
- Drives for results; demonstrated track record meeting or exceeding quarterly and annual hiring targets
- Focus on candidate experience, hiring manager experience and key recruiting funnel metrics that when met, lead to success
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.