Okta is seeking a strong senior revenue accountant with a positive attitude and affinity for process improvement within a fast-paced organization. This role will work closely with cross functional teams to ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of revenue. This role will have a dual focus on (1) upstream process efficiency within the quote to cash process and (2) streamlining our revenue recognition process with multiple performance obligations as we integrate our existing systems to further automate and scale the business and implement new tools to manage complex revenue transactions. The ideal candidate has experience with multiple performance obligation arrangements, complex revenue transactions, can think strategically on a process level, and also execute in the details. This role will be reporting to the Manager of Revenue Accounting.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support operationalization of ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers and upstream processing within RevPro Revenue Management System
- Partner with cross-functional groups across the business to drive best practices in revenue
- Research accounting guidance and document Company’s position on various revenue transactions
- Perform revenue month-end close activities: prepare journal entries and reconciliations
- Prepare support for monthly close package and internal/external quarterly audit requests
- Review sales arrangements to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards
- Assist in Sales Order quality control to ensure accuracy of order processing and to identify revenue risks
- Review Professional Services arrangements and ensure accuracy of set up in system
- Partner with the Legal and Deal Desk teams to review and address various inquiries/issues related to revenue recognition
- Assist in Design, implementation, execution, and documentation of key revenue controls
- Ad hoc requests as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience, with both Big 4 public accounting and industry experience in the SaaS/software industry preferred
- CPA Preferred
- Knowledge and experience in application of ASC 606
- Solid working knowledge of internal controls
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective communicator able to convey and present information in a concise and well-organized manner
- Demonstrates high performance standards, passion for excellence and continuous improvement
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Strong Excel skills are required
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce CPQ, and RevPro preferred
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.