Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Senior Sales Strategy Manager - Customer Identity
Okta’s Global Business Operations organization is looking for an experienced, motivated, and data-driven Senior Sales Strategy Manager - Customer Identity. This is a vital role on the Customer Identity Revenue Strategy team–and for Okta as a whole as Customer Identity is Okta’s fastest growing product line. In this role, you will have responsibility for analyzing and proposing improvements to the Customer Identity sales lifecycle–from lead inception to close and upselling the customer base. You’ll tap into your financial, operational, and data exploration skill set to offer strategic planning support for the global sales team.
This role will partner with leaders in marketing, business development, sales, professional services, customer first, product led growth team and others to understand usage and need for data and its consumption. The ideal candidate will bring deep expertise in establishing metrics, educating busy leaders on business insights, and offering creative solutions for growth.
- Play a critical role in identifying revenue generation opportunities and creating proposals or Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) to help other teams in the organization execute and build upon
- Partner with the sales leadership team and GTM Operations to evolve core go-to-market strategy and execute on the annual planning process
- Continuously evaluate and improve the sales process to enhance efficiency and effectiveness to prospect, up-sell and cross-sell Customer Identity Cloud via GTM team feedback
- Find opportunities to maximize growth of “self service” or “product led growth” month-to-month customers into long term, high value customers
- Provide business insights, reports, and tools that will lead to better prioritization and higher team productivity and optimize return on investment
- Develop and implement performance metrics and consistent cadence to monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success and effectiveness of revenue strategies and initiatives. Regularly monitor and analyze revenue performance, identify areas of improvement and make data-driven recommendations
- Work closely with FP&A, operations, business technology (IT), and data teams to quantify ROI of initiatives you propose
- 5+ years of sales strategy, operations, enablement, and analytics experience
- Deep understanding of sales systems and processes (Marketo, Outreach, Salesforce, Clari)
- Strategic, structured thinker. Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Data expert. Aptitude for framing business questions with data, translating business needs into strategies, and executing tactics and process improvements
- Querying and scoping, analysis and modeling (GSheet, Snowflake), summarizing (pivot tables, charts, slides, written explanation), reporting (dashboards, repositories, Tableau or similar)
- Drive. Ability and passion to analyze, set priorities, and solve complex problems effectively and consistently
- Ability to communicate the right level of information to executives and cross-functional teams at the right cadence
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while dealing with ambiguity
- B2B SaaS experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Below is the annual On Target Compensation (OTE) range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual OTE, which is inclusive of base salary and incentive compensation, will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable) and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.