The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in ITSM technologies and comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding end-user base. In this role, you focus on both the functional and technical aspects of the platform, working closely with IT leadership. From an operational standpoint, the successful candidate will advise on best practices and provide an expert understanding of ServiceNow’s functionality to the ServiceNow Ecosystem surrounding Okta and its end users. Technical aspects of the role include high-level API integrations with key technologies and demonstrate expert-level CMDB proficiencies.
As the ServiceNow Architect, you get to embark on a journey of growing the Okta ServiceNow platform by creating and defining how we deliver experiences to our customers. This is a client-facing role that requires strong communication skills and has the ability to build trusting relationships. This role requires strong collaboration to work cross-functionally with the business, People Operations, Workplace UC team, Program Management, and other various parts of the Okta organization.
What you get to do in this role:
- Own the ServiceNow platform end to end
- Create and drive the strategy for the entire ITSM tools landscape at Okta
- Establish all policies & standards for development and integration for the ServiceNow platform
- Possess a thorough overall knowledge of the ServiceNow EcoSystem
- Be an effective architect, yet also operate with an ITIL mindset, developing run books and providing ITSM/HRSM support
- Provide escalation, troubleshooting guidance and direction in the resolution of escalated issues and complex production, application or system problems
- Be driven to advance your knowledge of best practices and solutions
- Develop automation, processes, and procedures to ensure environments maintain the highest levels of availability, security, and quality
- Support and improve current solutions that solve business challenges and improve processes
- Identify opportunities to innovate, scale, extend and enhance service delivery everywhere possible
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10+ years of functional expertise in ITSM experience
- 5+ years of ServiceNow development
- Expert-level understanding of ServiceNow ITSM and HRSM with a concentration on
- ServiceNow development for CMDB Discovery
- Incident, Problem, Change – including Service Catalog requests via Portal
- Event, Operational Intelligence, Service Mapping, Discovery, Cloud management, and Orchestration
- HR Service Catalogs, workflows, processes
- Architect, develop and implement core processes including Incident, Event, Change, Request, Config Management collaborating with Process Owners, Business Partners, and Stakeholders
- Experience in design and integrations using OOTB connectors
- Practical experience with ServiceNow application development (Service Catalog, Server and Client-Side Rules, Client Scripts, UI Actions, UI Pages, etc),
- Experience in hands-on design, prototyping, development, configurations, testing and other implementation activities
- Experience using IT Project Management principles and techniques, including Agile/Scrum.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications
- Experience preparing end-user documentation and conducting end-user training
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree and/or an education/work experience equivalent. Advanced degree would be a plus
- Minimally, ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA) additional ServiceNow certs are a plus
- Practical experience implementing SecOps and GRC modules would be a plus
- ITIL working knowledge (ITIL v3+ certifications are ideal)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.